RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:25 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wheel Well Leakage

After returning from our last trip and driving in the rain for two days, we noticed the carpet in the bedroom was wet over the wheel wells. Also many of the compartments were wet from the constant spray. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you remedy it. My plan is to use some good caulk then coat the wheel wells and bottom with some truck bed coating like linex or similar product. I did a quick search of the threads and didn't see this one.

C1v1leng is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have this problem as well. My passenger side rear wheels throw spray against the track for my passenger side bedroom slide. I met a guy somewhere who worked in the Coburg, Or plant where my unit was assembled and he said there is supposed to be inner wheel wells installed, but all four of my wheel wells have none. (UAW workmanship at it finest -- I wonder why they went out of business?) My intention -- haven't done it yet -- is to install a piece of plastic cut from the bottom of a mortar pan on to the slide mechanism bolts to divert the spray away from the slide mechanism. Hope it works.

TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #3

I've had the wet compartment problem too. I solved it by staying parked on rainy days.
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak