Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #1

Where Is Diesel Filter drain on Seabreeze Bus?

Hi folks. I just bought a 2002 National Seabreeze Bus. This is the diesel pusher 34 footer on a Spartan chassis with the Cummins ISB engine. Since I'm new to diesels, I've been reading up alot on the fuel systems and even the fuel cap area refers to draining water from the filter after each fill up. I can't locate this filter anywhere. I mean I've looked EVERYWHERE. So, I've come to the conclusion that this means it's probably right in front of me and I'm going to have a "Duh" moment any day now. Can anyone help me get there sooner than later???

Thanks!
Edlacomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlacomb View Post
Hi folks. I just bought a 2002 National Seabreeze Bus. This is the diesel pusher 34 footer on a Spartan chassis with the Cummins ISB engine. Since I'm new to diesels, I've been reading up alot on the fuel systems and even the fuel cap area refers to draining water from the filter after each fill up. I can't locate this filter anywhere. I mean I've looked EVERYWHERE. So, I've come to the conclusion that this means it's probably right in front of me and I'm going to have a "Duh" moment any day now. Can anyone help me get there sooner than later???

Thanks!
Ok, so I have a Freightliner chassis and a Cat so I can't speak for where yours is, but...have you looked inside the rear grill for something that will look like a long oil filter? The bottom of the diesel fuel filter will probably have a clear bowl section on the bottom, which will make checking for water easy. I have never drained my filter as I have never seen water in it. Granted I spend most of my time in the dry southwest. If you do need to drain off water there will be a drain valve on the bottom of the bowl.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #3

Our prior coach had a 300 HP ISB on a Spartan chassis. The fuel filter had the drain on the bottom and was located on the curb side of the motor. The drain could be reached from below although not easily. I never had any water the few times I drained it. It should have a sensor that will activate a light on the dash should it have water in the fuel.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #4

Thanks guys. I'll take a closer look under the curbside of the bus, but I gotta tell ya....you'd think that for something that they tell you that "needs" to be drained at each fuel fill up, that it would be a bit easier to access...or at least find. I know what it is that I'm looking for, I just can't for the life of me find it.
Edlacomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlacomb View Post
Thanks guys. I'll take a closer look under the curbside of the bus, but I gotta tell ya....you'd think that for something that they tell you that "needs" to be drained at each fuel fill up, that it would be a bit easier to access...or at least find. I know what it is that I'm looking for, I just can't for the life of me find it.
It's probably a good idea to check the filter before you start out but, as I said, I've never touched the drain. I'd hate to think about draining it every time I fill up. One thing also, If you do drain it, you'll have to probably prime the fuel system.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #6

Hi, my hubbie is the mechanic for our 2002 Seabreeze bus. He tells me that the fuel filter drain tube is located on the curbside of the bus just behind the electrical fuse compartment. It is attached to the engine. From the underside you reach up and at the bottom of the filter there is a round spring operated opening to use to drain water and diesel from. He uses a empty soda bottle that just fits the opening and pushes up to do the draining just enough to see if there is water.
motormom1 is offline   Reply With Quote