RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:44 PM   #1

Where is the A/C Heater fan relay location on a 2004 Ford f53?

My heater A/C fan intermittently stops and restarts once in a while. Does is regardless of which speed it,s on. I understand there is a main relay with 5 pins. Can anyone tell me where this maybe located?
I have a 2003 or 2004 34 foot National Seabreeze on a Ford F53 chassis.
Thanks,
Mike

mxw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2019, 03:48 AM   #2
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

Once you remove the plastic shroud on your A/C unit, there's a metal panel on the side with 3 or 4 screws. When you remove this panel that's where all your capacitors and electrics are. I would think it's in there. To me your problem sounds like a failing capacitor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	electrical-diagram.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	543.1 KB
ID:	254160   Click image for larger version

Name:	coil-1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	254161  

TEAM Martin & Joanie, FTers, RVM#181
2012 WGO Vista 35F, 5 ST, Toyo M122's/duallys, Centramatics (all around), TPMS, ScanGuage II, Safe T Plus, SS Rear Trac Bar, CHF (F/R), Koni FSD's, 2017 FORD Fiesta Toad, Escapees
Making Traveling, FTing and Our Motorhome "GREAT AGAIN".
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you talking about the chassis/dash a/c fan?

Blower relay is usually in the fuse box mounted above the radiator on an F53.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:08 AM   #4

Yes, chassis dash fan for A/C , Heater.
I,ll look under dash near radiator.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #5
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxw1 View Post
Yes, chassis dash fan for A/C , Heater.
I,ll look under dash near radiator.
Thanks,
Mike
Oh ok that helps.

Randalpho said, Blower relay is usually in the fuse box mounted above the radiator on an F53—not under the dash. You have to open the front hood to get to the black fuse box thats mounted above the radiator.
TEAM Martin & Joanie, FTers, RVM#181
2012 WGO Vista 35F, 5 ST, Toyo M122's/duallys, Centramatics (all around), TPMS, ScanGuage II, Safe T Plus, SS Rear Trac Bar, CHF (F/R), Koni FSD's, 2017 FORD Fiesta Toad, Escapees
Making Traveling, FTing and Our Motorhome "GREAT AGAIN".
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:09 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you sure the blower is stopping or is the air being devertered to the windshield defogger vents. If it is you have a vacuum leak. Loss of vacuum causes the the system to default to the defogger vents.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, B&W Custom Truck Bed, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:05 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mike-

You can get a copy of the manual for the Ford F-53 chassis at this link. For the 2003 F-53, the manual discusses the under-hood fuse box ("Power Distribution Box," a.k.a. the PDB) on pages 41 through 44. Page 56 shwos where the PDB is located.

There's a trick to opening the PDB. Find the hinge. If the hinge is on the left, the latch is on the right end of the BOTTOM. If the hinge is on the right, the latch is on left end of the TOP. The latch is NOT on the side opposite the hinge. Slide your finger under the latch and pull it towards the front of the vehicle. The cover will release and swing open on the hinge.

You should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:22 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for your information. I have found the relay or I should say two relays. They are above thee radiator inside the font hoodalong with a bunch of fuses. One relay is labeled A/C (In the Ford manual) and the other is labeled A/C , Heater blower. I believe they are number 3 and 4. Also fuse #23. I looked at the fuse and it was good and not corroded, bought one replacement relay at auto parts store. Replaced one of the two relays, but the problem returned, swapped the new relay into the other location and it seemed to have fixed it. Drove home he rest of the way, about 300 miles and it didnít act up again.
I think that fixed it.
Thanks for your help everyone.
Mikes
Old 07-26-2019, 03:37 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I have mine set to blow out the vents and it cuts out when the engine is under load, going uphill etc. Not sure if it is diverting to the defrost vents but Iím thinking my problem is a vacuum leak which I havenít been able to track down. Once I ease off the gas the vents return. This is the first Iíve read about the relays being a possible cause.

TC Wndsr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, f53, fan, ford, heat, heater