Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #1

Wind noise in a 03 Dolphin not windows

Anybody else have wind noise in the cabin not caused by the windows? I noticed that I have wind noise that sounds like it is coming from the left side of the dash. I thought it was coming from the window, but they had my windows out a few weeks ago to repair the fogging issue. They sealed the windows when they had them out, but that didn't stop the noise. I put a work light in the cabin pointed under the dash at night and could see light coming through the bulkhead when looking from the outside. Don't look like they did a very good job of sealing that area. Not enough room for me to get in there to do anything, so I thought I'd see if one of my skinny grand kids could get in there. I thought of using that expandable foam to fill the gap between the bulkhead and the skin, but don't want to take a chance of the foam making the outside skin bulge. Anybody else have this problem that have successfully repaired?

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Is the noise new? If so, it could be a sign something is shifting. There are various types of expanding foam insulation, none of it I've experienced has a lot of pressure to push 'skin' to bulge. I'd recommend sealing in, driving in rain might introduce water where you don't want it.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Is the noise new? If so, it could be a sign something is shifting. There are various types of expanding foam insulation, none of it I've experienced has a lot of pressure to push 'skin' to bulge. I'd recommend sealing in, driving in rain might introduce water where you don't want it.
I've only had the coach since March 1st and the noise has always been there. I thought it was the window but I had the window removed and repaired about a month ago. The gap I'm talking about is high, window high but between the front cap and the bulk head. They attempted to put some caulking in there but didn't get the job done. I don't see anyway for water to get up that high.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Old 08-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #4

My buddy was able to fit up in there, I'm way too fat to get where the hole was. There was a blob of silicone caulk up there but they missed the hole, and it was large enough my buddy could get 2 fingers in it. He cut as much of the silicone off as he could and filled the hole with canned foam. Hope that does the trick.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold

Tags
dolphin, noise, wind noise, window