Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Thanks for the info and the link, Dick. Yep, that's what my panel looks like. I guess I'll have to take the panel off and take a look at the valve behind sometime.
Jack
carlsojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Oh, and I never had the foam until at the start of this season with the new rig, which was winterized by someone else before we bought it. So, we'll see in the spring.
carlsojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #17

My valves and the info on draining is exactly as the Berrys are. His is a 99 and mine is a 2000, but they have the same valve placements.
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
Do you blow out the P-traps or pour anti-freeze in them?

Chuck
I pour the pink anti-freeze in the drains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsojr
Jim, thanks!
Snip...
As to the compressed-air blowing out process, I just have no idea how to even get started. Do RV shops have the attachments? Should I call up a mobile repair guy to do the job? I have a small 150 PSI compressor for use on the tires and it has a knob that lets me limit the pressure it is putting out, which means I could set it at 25 psi I guess. Is that the sort of machine you refer to, Jim?
Jack
Like any new process, it takes a little practice to get to where you've got a handle on it but it's really simple. The compressor I use is a small device found in nearly every store like WalMart or Home Depot. Here's one for $17. Mintcraft TPG-ACR250PSI3L 12-Volt 250-PSI Portable Air Compressor: Tools : Walmart.com

These compressors generally come with adapters for various uses like for blowing up basket balls and the like. And it sounds like you already have one. No need to call a mobile tech. My small compressor and many others also come with a plastic cone shaped adapter nozzle which fits nicely into an RV shower hose (with the shower head removed).

Yes, the adapters that screw into the city water inlet are available at nearly all RV stores. That has a bicycle type valve on it that you attach the compressor to. I use that as well as blowing air into the shower hose.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter