Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #1

Wiper Motor for Sea Breeze

Hello All.

Although I've peeked in from time to time, this is my first post on any of these forums. For National owners, I imagine it is invaluable--we're all more-or-less out in the wildnerness now.

Has anybody out there had to replace a windshield wiper motor on a 2006 W22 Chassis Sea Breeze LX 8321 or something similar. Mine has died, and the garage is having considerable difficulties finding a replacement. Apparently the motor manufacturer, like National itself, has gone out of business. So does anybody know of a replacement by a different manufacturer that will work?

Many thanks.
rshinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Denso was the supplier to National RV link attached below page 54

http://www.densoheavyduty.com/pdf/20...%20Catalog.pdf

From this link below you can contact Denso and find a dealer.
http://www.densoheavyduty.com/rv/windshield.php
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #4

Thanks to both Richard and Jim. Denso does seem to have exactly the item in the catalog--there is one distributor, someplace in Oregon, but at least I've got something to work with. Thanks Again!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Also check with Walts RV Supplies in Rialto, Ca he bought overstock items from National and Fleetwood, when they were in business.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Link to Walts Home Page
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Lit

National RV Owners Club
I have just been through 3 weeks of working on a wiper problem with my 2005 Dolphin. I was thinking that the motor was bad, but if the wipers work on HI the motor is good. During a rainy trip (my maiden voyage) they worked fine until I tried to shut them off and they wouldn’t. When I shut off the engine they wouldn’t park, so I had to fiddle with them to park in the correct spot. Returning home it started to rain again, (I hate it when that happens) the wipers would only work on HI and wouldn’t park. I made it home and started to look for the wiper module, some posts I read said I didn’t have one others said I did, no-one told me where to look for it. It’s under the fuse panel on your dash, in line with your steering column aluminum and blue aluminum in color, looks like an audio component. 3” square 1 plug and LED’s P R N D 3 2 1 on it, this threw me off. I found it after pulling apart the whole steering column looking for one. I did a lot searching on the Internet without any luck; I also stopped at a RV dealer he looked it up and gave me a showed me a sketch of it, since I hadn’t seen anything that looked like what he had shown me I didn’t order it. After more attempts I did locate it under the fuse panel in the dash. I ordered a wiper module from workhorseservice.com/ in Birmingham, AL. Nice people to deal with that will steer you in the right direction when you ask and the pricing is lower than local retailers.

Good Luck
Lit
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #8

Thanks to everybody for the information! Not only did I find the source for the motor, but I picked up a lot of other useful tips as well!

Incidentally, when I first got the unit three years ago I too had that notorious problem of the wipers continuing to run after I turned them off. Had to pull the fuse, but after putting it back in sometime later the problem did not return, and hasn't returned since.

Thanks to all again,
Old 08-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #9

The mysterious wiper run on issue is usually caused by moisture inside the power connector to the wiper motor, it hangs down in front and is exposed to driving rain while the coach is moving, when it shorts out you can't turn it off until you shut off the key switch. Once off it stays off until you turn it on again. To fix this disconnect , clean and seal the connector with silicone or dielectric grease. No problem since. rshinva it makes sense your problem went away, your installed must have disconnected then properly reconnected and sealed your wiper motor connection during the repair. Bonus!
04sterling is offline   Reply With Quote