RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
JVJ

Would this be in Poor Taste?

After all of the manufactures that failed and went under during the last few years, there are many brands that were being labled an Orphan Coach.
A few days ago I was bidding on some hats on Ebay, I didn't really need these since I had just ordered 4 dozen hats earlier with our ranch name on it.
I have a had a number of people ask who our Pacifica was made by, and then have to go into the story of the coach being the product of a failed manufacture and having no NRV resources to fall back on.

Anyway, Just for fun, I was thinking of having these other hats made to read...
NRV Orphan or NRV Orphan Coach.

Would this be in poor taste? or received as intended in the form of Good Natured Fun?

Thanks
J

I also own a Ford F-250 with the V-10, a very unrespected power plant of a motor. So I had some hats made up that read:
"Triton V-10 Ford's Best Kept Secret"
I passed them out to owners of the V-10 that I ran across. Brought many smiles from strangers faces.

JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVJ View Post
Anyway, Just for fun, I was thinking of having these other hats made to read...
NRV Orphan or NRV Orphan Coach.

Would this be in poor taste? or received as intended in the form of Good Natured Fun?.
JVJ, Go for it! I don't expect that anyone would get their nose out of joint.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
J

I own a Orphin, in fact we leave in the AM for the First National RV Orphin Rally. Three Tradewinds, and a Seabreeze. We don't think being a Orphin is in bad taste at all Go For It. Let me know if I like the Hat I'll buy one.

Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	popeyelogo.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	4825  
Old 07-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Go for it, I'm one of the Orphans meeting with the rest. If I like the hat, I may buy one.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
JVJ

After giving it much thought I did order a dozen hats. But, rather than limit it to the NRV product, the hat will simply say in an Edwardian Script font.
“Orphan Coach”

I will admitt that part of the reason I did not include the NRV or National RV name was to not infringe on any out standing trademark rights. I understand that the company has closed the business assets auctioned off, however someone must still hold rights to the name.

Also please note, this is not an offer to sell these hats. I will be keeping a couple for myself, one will be going to a NRV owner up in Prosper, TX if he would like. The remainder will be given away in the hopes to provide a few Chuckles and Grins.

Happy Camping
Old 08-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Thanks Jon, I would be proud to wear an Orphan Cap and I am sure it will start many conversations during outings. How was the trip to New Mexico? We have about 2 weeks and will be heading that way for 10 days of R&R.
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texun1 View Post
Thanks Jon, I would be proud to wear an Orphan Cap. how was the trip to New Mexico? We have about 2 weeks and will be heading that way for 10 days of R&R.

10 days or R&R.............. after being in 100+ heat for the past 16 days with no rain or clouds here in Oklahoma, 10 days of R&R in oh say............. MICHIGAN sound great!!!
ChrisNiemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNiemann View Post
10 days or R&R.............. after being in 100+ heat for the past 16 days with no rain or clouds here in Oklahoma, 10 days of R&R in oh say............. MICHIGAN sound great!!!
Pretty much the same here in Texas. I have stopped counting the days and the 10 day forecast last nite said more of the same. We are headed to Rociada N.M. and the high this year has only been 90 with the norm around 85. Should be a little cooler than that by the end of the month.
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #9

"

After giving it much thought I did order a dozen hats. But, rather than limit it to the NRV product, the hat will simply say in an Edwardian Script font."
“Orphan Coach”

Have you considered having an "I" in script then the "heart" symbol and in script "my Orphan Coach"

Just a thought--good luck with your project..

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like that!
Cause, I love my seabreese.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
JVJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texun1 View Post
Thanks Jon, I would be proud to wear an Orphan Cap and I am sure it will start many conversations during outings. How was the trip to New Mexico? We have about 2 weeks and will be heading that way for 10 days of R&R.
We ended up putting the trip on hold. Just as we taken off the full time Babysitting duties of our Grandson, we found out that we will having an addition to the family this next year. However, our daughter was having some of the early pregnancy problems, so we stayed put for a bit longer.
We do hope to hit the road in the next 10 days our self.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
JVJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVJ58 View Post

"

After giving it much thought I did order a dozen hats. But, rather than limit it to the NRV product, the hat will simply say in an Edwardian Script font."
“Orphan Coach”

Have you considered having an "I" in script then the "heart" symbol and in script "my Orphan Coach"

Just a thought--good luck with your project..
I may go something different if I do a second hat order. Having no past dealing with this hat supplier, I thought it best to keep it simple and clean.

I didn't want to worry about any trademark problems, and sure as heck didn't want to worry about any miscommunications with the word Orphan.....while in the RV community we use the word somewhat freelyto joke about a non-manufactured supported RV. However, to many the term Orphan may stir a pot of personal feelings rangeing from good, bad to abusive. It would all be more of a state or frame of mind.
Sometimes it can be real tough to be politically correct.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVJ View Post
After giving it much thought I did order a dozen hats. But, rather than limit it to the NRV product, the hat will simply say in an Edwardian Script font.
“Orphan Coach”

Also please note, this is not an offer to sell these hats. I will be keeping a couple for myself, one will be going to a NRV owner up in Prosper, TX if he would like. The remainder will be given away in the hopes to provide a few Chuckles and Grins.

Happy Camping
What a great idea and the best part is the wonderful feeling of bringing a chuckle or grin to someone.