Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
09 Phaeton Questions

Hi All..
I am seriously looking at a 09 Phaeton with a Power Glide Chassis. Were there any issues with this early chassis installation? I ?have only had side radiator installations before are there any serious issues with this design I live in Colorado so grades are always an issue. I understand it has a solid axle also correct?
This unit also DOES not have a washer dryer. Is this a serious equipment install? Or is it one that even camping world could tackle?
By the way.. Does anyone here know how much water is used by the washer for a complete cycle? We stay at several places (State Parks) that have power and water and a central dump station.. Is it reasonable to use the washer for several loads and then dump? Or is it wiser to just use the laundromat?
The brochure doesn't say... the unit has a residential fridge... Does that fridge have an icemaker?
Any other issues that I should be on the look out for?
Ron Husak
On our way home from Lake Havasu
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
We have an 09 Phaeton 42QRH which we ordered & had built in March 2009, at the time Phaeton's came on either Freightliner or Spartan chassis, powerglide wasn't an option & I didn't think became an option until 2010 models (?) Are you sure it's an 09 powerglide?

We also have the residential frig which is awesome. It's a bottom drawer freezer and yes, it has an icemaker.

We have the stacked washer/dryer & as full timers wouldn't have it any other way. The longest we've boondocked is 10 days & during that time I did not do laundry, saving the grey tanks for showers & dishes. In the 42ft model the washer/dryer is midship & would not be difficult to install, in the 40ft they are in the back of the bedroom & would be more of a challenge.

Also we tow a F150 with an atv in the bed. We get pretty slow on the hills, we get by but our next coach will have an engine with more HP.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post
We have an 09 Phaeton 42QRH which we ordered & had built in March 2009, at the time Phaeton's came on either Freightliner or Spartan chassis, powerglide wasn't an option & I didn't think became an option until 2010 models (?) Are you sure it's an 09 powerglide?

We also have the residential frig which is awesome. It's a bottom drawer freezer and yes, it has an icemaker.

We have the stacked washer/dryer & as full timers wouldn't have it any other way. The longest we've boondocked is 10 days & during that time I did not do laundry, saving the grey tanks for showers & dishes. In the 42ft model the washer/dryer is midship & would not be difficult to install, in the 40ft they are in the back of the bedroom & would be more of a challenge.

Also we tow a F150 with an atv in the bed. We get pretty slow on the hills, we get by but our next coach will have an engine with more HP.

Hope this helps!

Karen..
Thanks so much for the reply..
Congratulations on the full time life style..
We just finished a 2.5 month trip to Arizona (snowbirds ) and that is where we really learned we need more interior room.
We have a 97 American Eagle which has been a great coach for the 6 years we have owned her.. It has a 325 Cummins so I know about 40 MPH Mountains.. And no Slides..
You are really heavy with your towed and a 42 footer.. Have you had any overheating issues with the rear rad and grades?
I appreciate your comments on the Washer Dryer.. One of our favorite places we go in Arizona is a state park that has water and electric but no dump save a central dump.. We would or might still do wash and then dump at the central site.. We have a combo Splendide but it is more trouble than it's worth do to it's extremely small size and slow operation.. With the stacks we could wash and dry at the same time and not have to drive the 15 miles to a crowded laundromat!
Thanks again for the input..
Ron
Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
BTW..
The Owner of this coach was mistaken.. IT is a Freighliner Chassis.. I pulled a coach history and title clearly states that..
Ron Husak
Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
No issues with overheating, just slow going on steep grades, good luck with your purchase.. As I said before we are very pleased with our 09 Phaeton!