RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
1990 Allegro Specifications question...

Hello all,

I'm a new user on this forum and could use some info I can't seem to find on the net.

I have bought a 1990 Allegro 31 foot motorhome and might have it shipped to me since it needs a bit of work that I don't need comfortable driving it without. I have looked at it and driven it but it's not here.... needed some work before I would drive it.

I'm looking for the height and width of this motorhome. Does anyone know? I put about 16 feet high and 9 feet wide and am receiving questions about that.

It's a 31 foot in length but I'm not sure about the height and width.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tom

Flat4Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #2

Sorry I can't help with exact measurements.
But if your trying to have it shipped/towed, it's the 16' that's throwing every one off.
My Dutch Star is 11'8" and I doubt that a 1990 rig would be any taller than 12' top of the A/Cs.
Width wise 8' on the body and 9' outside of the mirrors.
If you have the serial number maybe calling Tiffin could get you exact measurements.
Highway rigs are 14' and overpasses on the interstate are 15' ;at 16' tall you couldn't drive the MH ,anywhere.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:43 AM   #3

I would say that your kind of off on both height and width. I would ahree that it probably isnt more than 12' high. As for the width I would say its no wider than 8'6" (102"). Both motor homes that I had were just a wide as my car traiker and that is 102" wide. If you change your dimensions you will probably get a more accurate shipping cost.
Brian313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. Yes, I kind of took a big guess and guessed high. This rig is much larger than my last '75 Sportscoach. So, I'm either going to have it shipped, or going to pick it up next weekend myself. It's been parked for about 2 years, needs front tires, front left brake is sticking a bit and has a bit of what feels like a vibration in the drive shaft. Those will have to be addressed before bringing it home. So, that's why I'm thinking about having it shipped since it's a 350 mile trip in an unknown rig.

I don't like problems on the road.

I like the forum and will be hanging around.

Thx
Tom
Flat4Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat