Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2018, 11:51 AM   #1

1995 Allegro Bay - Silver Button Purpose

Hello,

Just purchased my first RV, 1995 Allegro Bay M28. So far its a great motorhome.
I dont have an owners manual and have pretty much figured out what everything is and how to work it except there is a little silver button on the dash behind the steering wheel and under the speedometer. See pic.
Can anyone tell me what this does or is supposed to do? Cant tell if its stock or aftermarket. I pushed it once and it didnt seem to do anything. I could trace it but am looking for the easy answer.
Thanks,
Mike
Thatmeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2018, 11:56 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_093053.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	227437
Old 11-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hard to tell from your photo, it’s not very close, but it appears to be similar to the button used on the Blue Ox tru control for the steering.
Just look under the coach at the front end, if it’s there you’ll know. Should be a large shock absorber looking piece with a small metal box with a couple of wires. Blue Ox no longer sells them. Don’t know if they will service them. There was a lot of trouble with the solenoid that controls the adjustment quitting after moisture caused corrosion. To tell of it works will take two people. With the key on push the button while someone is under the coach. If it works, they will hear the solenoid click.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #4

Great info, thanks for the reply.

I will check it out.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #5

It could be for the boost solenoid. If your house or coach batteries go dead , you press that button and it will connect both banks of batteries together enabling you to start the engine or generator. If both banks are dead , your out of luck. The dash looks identical to my 93.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:21 AM   #6

Did not get a chance to check it out. Motorhome is actually at the garage down the street. Getting a new compressor put in for the cab AC. When I get it back I will check it and let you know. So on your 93, you have that same button and it parallels the batteries? If so, thats a great function.

You like your 93? Have you had any major issues? I have only had ours for about a month, but really like the RV. Everything seems well built and thought out. I work for a yacht manufacturer and was getting a little tired of the water. Thought we would try out an RV, kids love it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-30-2018, 07:22 AM   #7

When you press the button , you should hear a solenoid click. On mine it was just under the hood on the firewall. The solenoid will only stay engaged while the button is pressed.
The coach is well built and everything works good. The P30 chassis is a little lite and it would be nice if the coach was on a workhorse chassis.

I also replaced my A/C compressor and all the hoses. A/C works good now. Had an engine water pump leak so I replaced the pump , hoses , rad , timing sprockets and chain while I had it apart. Also installed supersteer belcranks and heavy duty front springs. I relocated the batteries from the front of the coach to a storage bin on the side that used to house a BBQ and installed 4 group 27 AGM batteries , one was for the chassis.

Tags
allegro