Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
1998 Tiffin Allegro Bus info needed

I have a 98 Tiffin Allegro Bus on an XC chassis. I'm doing some rehab work and need some info. The instrument cluster (speedo, tach, etc.) works fine, but the clear plexiglass is fractured in several places. I'd like to replace just the clear part, but I'm unable to find it, or even the cluster itself. The FCC # is 22-47406-000.

In addition, the climate control has an issue. The blower switch won't work in full mode, just the 1st 3 settings. Is this a switch or something else issue? And who makes this control center anyway? It has the push/pull levers with a slider on top and the blower switch to the right. The whole assy has a number of 3500 501 06851, the blower switch 02 2295. Seems common enough, but, no joy on searching the internet.

The panels that cover the instruments and switches, left (tranny, lights, wipers, etc.), center (instrument cluster), and right (climate control, radio, etc.) are all damaged. Are these a Tiffin part or a Freightliner supplied part?

Thank you much,
Doug
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma901 View Post

In addition, the climate control has an issue. The blower switch won't work in full mode, just the 1st 3 settings. Is this a switch or something else issue? And who makes this control center anyway? It has the push/pull levers with a slider on top and the blower switch to the right. The whole assy has a number of 3500 501 06851, the blower switch 02 2295. Seems common enough, but, no joy on searching the internet.
Typically the high setting on the blower motor is separate part of the blower motor. When I have had these go out in my cars it means the motor is dying not the switch itself.

Assuming these are the same on RVs you will need to replace the motor to get the full blower power.

Tom
Old 01-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTallTom View Post
Typically the high setting on the blower motor is separate part of the blower motor. When I have had these go out in my cars it means the motor is dying not the switch itself.

Assuming these are the same on RVs you will need to replace the motor to get the full blower power.

Tom
That's interesting. I never thought of that. Your answer leads me to another question. Would there be a relay to activate this separate function on the motor, and if so, could that be the issue?

Doug
Old 01-19-2016, 06:32 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma901 View Post
That's interesting. I never thought of that. Your answer leads me to another question. Would there be a relay to activate this separate function on the motor, and if so, could that be the issue?

Doug
It's possible. It has been quite a while since I had to work on one.

Tom

Tags
tiffin