RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2003 Phaeton 38GH

Looking at a 2003 38GH on line , can not find a brochure on line only 2005 Does anyone know if there were any major changes between 2003 and 2005? I was able to find chassis specs from freightliner website. Anyone know of a sourse for a 2003 brochure?

Thanks I hope to join you guys as a Phaeton owner soon

tdb8254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
paz

One thing I'm aware of is Tiffin hired a professional designer for their interiors starting in 2004 or 2005, and the interiors started to look a little more sophisticated. Prior to that time, Mrs. Tiffin designed the interiors. Of course, you may want to add some new pillows, bedspread and drapes to spruce up the place anyway, so that may not matter much.

You may want to call the Tiffin factory in Red Bay to see if they have an old brochure they can scan and email to you. They may also be able to tell you about any changes in specs from 2003 to 2005.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestion. I read some of your blog and it si great. We visited Red Bay last year and took the tour and we have been to the Newmar factory in In. By the way we live on the Easter Shore of the Mobile Bay an live only 1 mile form Big Daddy's and have our boat in the small marine you mentioned in your blog. Sat at the same table in your photo with my daughter and grandson last week!
tdb8254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb8254 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I read some of your blog and it si great. We visited Red Bay last year and took the tour and we have been to the Newmar factory in In. By the way we live on the Easter Shore of the Mobile Bay an live only 1 mile form Big Daddy's and have our boat in the small marine you mentioned in your blog. Sat at the same table in your photo with my daughter and grandson last week!
The Mobile Bay area is great. Lots to see and do and great seafood. We also love to visit Bellingrath. We stay at Escapees Rainbow Plantation for at least several weeks every spring and fall on our way to and from Florida.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #5

tdb8254 - I have no knowledge of the 38 but I own a 2003 35rh and the biggest change to 2004 was dual pane windows....which I wanted so badly, alas it was not to be. Phaetons also had transitions throughout the model year...such as adding a bedroom slide out which I lack and do not miss. There are members of irv2 that own 38 ft Phaetons perhaps they will chime in.

You could also try the tiffinrvnetwork.com online forum, very helpful members and at least one member has the coach you are asking about if he is still active. Best of times in your tiffin.
wkdwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #6

A quick search just now at tiffinrvnetwork for phaeton 38gh returned 138 items with many owners of 2003 and a few 2004 as well. Cruzer was poster in some so he may have info to share. He was most helpful in 2005 when I was climbing the learning curve to ownership!

wkdwitch is offline   Reply With Quote