Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #1

2005 Bus TSP TV Removal

I can't see any screws/fasteners that hold in the flat screen Panasonic TV in my rig. I was looking at putting in an HDMI cable and couldn't figure how to get to the back inputs. I finally gave up and slightly trashed the screen at the back (windshield side) to gain access to the ports, and fished the wire in from the aux speaker area. Thinking someday I may need to get that sucker out though...

Anybody done that?

Thanx
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #2

The wood frame around the screen comes off by backing out the 2 screws found in each compartment flanking the screen. Just back them out about an inch. Then, you'll see the steel bracket holding the screen. You'll probably need a 6" square drive screw driver to loosen the bracket. Help holding the TV is a good thing.

John
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
The wood frame around the screen comes off by backing out the 2 screws found in each compartment flanking the screen. Just back them out about an inch. Then, you'll see the steel bracket holding the screen. You'll probably need a 6" square drive screw driver to loosen the bracket. Help holding the TV is a good thing.

John
John, you may well be correct, but my TV frame sits forward of the flanking cabinets about 2 inches. Doesn't look physically possible to run a screw from the flank into the TV frame. Was your example possibly with a 'flush' flank and frame?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #4

I didn't think 05's came with flat screen TV's. Was yours a aftermarket install? If it is like the newer Tiffins, the previous advice was correct. There will be screws holding the frame in place. The trim is actually "L" shaped and extends back a couple inches or so. That's how those screws in the side cabinets hold it.
Gouda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #5

The frame has 2 wooden ears attached to the rear of it and the screws from the compartments are used to pinch the ears toward the set. The screws may screw into the ears, but it's not necessary for them to actually do so. Look carefully in the side compartments. In mine the screws are hidden by the compartment front frame and are near the bottom of the compartment.

John
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #6

My 06 had three screws in each side. they are a no.2 square bit. they are recessed slightly and are very hard to locate. You almost have to put the driver into the hole and turn it ttl they catch the screw. They really are there. Good Luck
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #7

My '05 Bus has an access panel on the back [windshield side] for access to the TV connections. The original owner had installed an HDMI cable to the OEM Panasonic TV. The routing appears to not require removal of TV trim. The cable passes behind and inside the cabinetry towards the passenger side and through the small cabinets above the entry door into the electronic gear cabinet above the copilot seat. It parallels the satellite system cable and no additional holes were required.
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yudamann View Post
My '05 Bus has an access panel on the back [windshield side] for access to the TV connections. The original owner had installed an HDMI cable to the OEM Panasonic TV. The routing appears to not require removal of TV trim. The cable passes behind and inside the cabinetry towards the passenger side and through the small cabinets above the entry door into the electronic gear cabinet above the copilot seat. It parallels the satellite system cable and no additional holes were required.
Yes, Yudamann, that is how I put mine in. However my TV cabinet had an oval of mesh wire stapled from the inside instead of the access panel yours must have. I pushed through the mesh, and had to bend it up sorta severely (!). It doesn't show much, so I'm okay with it. My post is in the event I really need to get the TV out sometime...

I see the screws inside the cabinets that must be what the guys are talking about that hold ears of the frame. Thanks all!