Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 08:04 AM   #1

2006 Allegro Bus

My wife and I just bought a 2006 Allegro bus. We are excited and can’t wait to get into it. We were supposed to pick it up on April 20 but the dealer found out the refrigerator wasn’t working. They couldn’t fix it that day so we made the 4-1/2 hour trip back home. They promised to deliver it this weekend (4/28). I got a call, “sorry but the engine light came on while we were headed out”. We are a very disappointed and a lot mad that these things were not found by the dealer long before now. We put down a deposit on March 22. They had plenty of time to have all issues found and fixed.

All of that being said, are there any hidden problems I should be looking for on the 2006 Allegro?

Thanks,
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
First off, welcome to IRV2. You'll find a lot of friendly helpful people on here.

Second, feel blessed that they found the two issues before you take delivery so they have to be fixed by them. If it has a Norcold fridge in it, make sure the factory recall box has been installed. There is a month's worth of reading on issues with the Norcold refrigerators. The check engine light could be something simple but it's good they are having to investigate the problem.

Other than that, I'll let others comment on any issues with that model Bus.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. This forum and the people here are absolutely fantastic. Ask any question and you will get an honest answer. I also have a 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus and love it. The quality built in that year is awesome. The RV industry is so hot now that the manufacturers are building them quickly and getting them out the door so fast and they worry about fixing items after delivery, which isn't good but it is what it is. Luck for me I have no issues with my coach. I had to replace my Aqua Hot system due to me not winterizing it soon enough last year, lesson learned, although it was expensive. I also had to replace my battery disconnect switch in the battery box. But that is it. Good luck with your new coach. If you have any questions, PM me and I may be able to help.

Mike
mkeitsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #4

Thanks for the feed back. I am glad they caught the problems before delivery and I am sure that the coach will be fine. We are just disappointed that the dealership didn’t do all of the systems checks before we made the trip to pick it up. They had a month.
I am sure that I will have more questions once we start traveling.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #5

There are a couple of additional things to check on your new bus. The wet bay floor was a recall and should be replaced. If it hasn't been already done that may be something you might have to consider in the future. You can call Red Bay with the VIN and they can tell you if that has been done. Also, some of the Cummins ISL engines had a wrist pin problem and more info can be found at http://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/isl-...ge-180891.html. I was able to call Cummins with my VIN and they gave me the engine serial number. In my case, the wet bay floor had been replaced and my engine serial number fell outside the range. Good luck.
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Welcome !

The Tiffin Allegro Bus is a Great product -

I have an 04 just now reaching the 100K mile mark. Replaced the inverter, repaired the chassis air went to all LED interior lights and upgraded the TV's and nothing else but consumables (tires, filters, etc.). I changed to a residential fridge (Red Bay) and that was the best change so far...

Enjoy, and keep that Bus Rolling!
Clocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:08 PM   #7

clocked out: who did your fridge conversion in Red Bay? What fridge did you use? Do you still just use the 4 house batteries or go bigger? I changed out my fridge several years ago to the Amish unit cooling unit and work/cools well, but at some point need to consider the residential.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:34 PM   #8

Replace Jensen Radio

We finally went on our first trip in our 2006 Allegro Bus. We had a great time. We did find a few things we need to fix or replace. We figured that would be the case. One thing I would like to replace is the Jensen radio/stereo. I would like something with Bluetooth. Any suggestions? Is there a direct replacement?
Old 05-31-2019, 06:41 PM   #9

Nice that your first outing went well. The wife and I really enjoy our 2006 Bus QSP. We travel about 5 to 6 months a year. What model is your bus? Although not blue tooth, I did run an auxiliary cable from my radio with a 3.5mm plug that I use to plug in my phone. That way I can listen to the phone while I drive. I just select the Auxiliary button on the radio. Not quite as handy as blue tooth, but something to consider.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:27 PM   #10

Thanks Milehghcty. I had the same idea with the auxiliary input and I may do the for a little while but I plan on replacing the stereo. We have the 42QDP. Our next big trip will be to Sturgis for bike week. We can’t wait.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:57 PM   #11

We live 85 miles from Sturgis, but especially stay away during bike week! Too crowded and by us staying away, leaves more room for the out of staters. Hopefully you have already got a place to stay as everything for miles around is booked up … and prices double and triple during that week.

If you haven't already done so, you can join up to a Tiffin specific forum at A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork - Index page. A lot of helpful info on the forums.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:55 AM   #12

We made reservations in January. We are going with a group of 8 motor homes/trailers. We are looking forward to it. This is our second trip to Sturgis. The last time was 2011. We rented a house in Spearfish Canyon.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:13 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tiffin Service did our conversion September of 2016 - because of age and Tiffin's new policy don't think we can use their service center now days. There are several folks in Red Bay that accommodate the conversion I am sure.
Clocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #14

Allegro Bus wet bay issue

Have a 2008 Allegro Bus 42 QRP and was told by Tiffin wet bay repair was only covered for 8 years. I purchased RV from Lazydays in 2005 however they never mentioned wet bay issue, so looks like I am stuck with repairs.
Seems to me since Tiffin used inferior materials thus causing the issue, this should not be limited to a time frame.
mad dog 52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro