Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #1

2006 Allegro Bus DP

Can anyone give me some first hand experience with the 2006 Allegro Bus please? The good, the bad and the ugly?
Thanks. Joe
Bahamabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #2

My father has a 40' (think 40 bus, I know diesel pusher 400hp).
I know he had the air flow recall done, though never had a overheat issue. (but drives it like a truck not car)
This past year he had to have the radiator replaced, we are still unsure what happened there, we were thinking bad casting cleaning but everyone says no.
We replaced the file cabinet with a computer desk we made, changed the center computer display to computer only and added a monitor over the driver for the rear camera, did some additional insulating, customized the entertainment center.
We do have to repair the wood on the entertainment cabinet, when he comes past this year, as it split on him. He also had a bad ignition switch, I think 2 years ago. Broke 2 air bags, but we think that was the road to Alaska and to much weight and speed.
Overall they love it, this is their second Tiffen unit. He traded the first one in on this after we spent 3 months modifying the 1st unit.
Oh ugly was the washing machine problems and the fridge finally full replaced, besides the radiator. Replaced living room slide gaskets 18 months ago. Having been repair orientated for 21 years of his life he does perform preventive maintenance and care on a regular basis.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #3

Thanks BCOOKE. I appreciate the info. I am not that familiar with the Allegro Bus 40DP, so any and all information is great. There are just way too many choices out there.
Bahamabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamabay View Post
Thanks BCOOKE. I appreciate the info. I am not that familiar with the Allegro Bus 40DP, so any and all information is great. There are just way too many choices out there.
Best to buy a 2009 or newer as there have been many manufacturer problems that have been rectified (addressed)
such as wet bay rotton floors,defective/weak slide floors,poor /shabby worker installations.micky mouse mounting prodcedures
A lot of out of sight out of mind type installations of all phases etc.They do a lot of if one screw holds thats good enough instead of putting in 2 screws to make sure.There is a lot of the inner workings that are installed and if a repair is needed its impossible to get at etc.In other words poor accessability.I have owned and worked on a few of them so talking from first hand experience
Ticat900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
In case you weren't aware, you can get some info on Tiffin's website:

http://www.tiffinmotorhomes.com/pdfs...roBusSpecs.pdf
http://www.tiffinmotorhomes.com/pdfs...usBrochure.pdf

I don't have any experience with it but I was under the impression that Tiffin quality control was actually much better back then. From what I've heard the Bus has a very good reputation. As far as the coach itself, if it it is the '40 DP' (2 slides), I think it was a popular model BUT it's the last year they offered the 2 slides model and were going to 3 and 4 slides so it might be harder to resell and you might also want to consider looking at the 3 or 4 slides ones to see if you like the extra floorspace.

Hope this helps.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #6

I have an 06 Bus. Is it bullet proof? No. Does it meet the criteria of a luxury coach? Yes in many ways. Does it have Pros and Cons? It's built by humans.

We love our preowned Allegro Bus.

Considerations of 06. There is an air flow situation on early 06 on FL. Mine is mid year and no problems there, I run in the 200* range in 100* air temps.

There is a recall on the wrist pins on a selection (engine serial number series) of Cummins engines installed in several mfgs. Mine failed. Cummins has replaced the engines at no charge in the 5 or 6 that I am aware of failing and some were in the 50K range and out of warranty. Cummins assured me that if it was a campaign failure they would fix it and they did.

As for Tiffin Motorhomes they have bent over backwards to repair all miscues I have encountered many at no charge and way out of warranty. The 06 is the year Tiffin started implementing many of the more desired items such as side swinging bay doors and IFS. Get one.
KaptnKluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKluck View Post
There is a recall on the wrist pins on a selection (engine serial number series) of Cummins engines installed in several mfgs.
The engine serial number range for the Cummins ISL engines in question is 46543077 TO 46603939. A call to either Freightliner or Spartan with the last 6 digits of the VIN number of the coach under consideration will allow them to tell you the engine serial number of the ISL originally installed in that particular chassis.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote