Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
2007 Allegro Bus Furnace Not Working

On my 2007 Allegro Bus, the Furnace will not come on. The Electric Heat Pump does work. Any suggestions?
Freedom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom7 View Post
On my 2007 Allegro Bus, the Furnace will not come on. The Electric Heat Pump does work. Any suggestions?

Had this Bus since May 2015. It was so hot outside, we didn't think to test before purchasing.

40QDP 400HP
Old 10-04-2015, 08:41 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you put the thermostat in Gas Heat and set the thermostat really high, what happens?

The normal lighting sequence is furnace fan starts, followed by ignition after 15 seconds, followed by heat output until thermostat is satisfied, followed by shutdown sequence (cool down).

So tell us what happens with your furnace.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Both Heat Pumps work.
Turned Zone 1 Furnace on Gas on highest heat. I heard thermostat click, but no heat after 10 minutes. Also tried same on Zone 2. Same results. I don't know if Furnace uses two zones...
Old 10-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does the Propane Furnace have a Fuse? I have only found the Fuse that feeds the Thermostat...
Old 10-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Could be a bad thermostat
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not sure how to test Thermostat. I'll see if I can find some "how to" information to troubleshoot it. Thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I just had similar problem when first trying to use the rear furnace this season, which turned out to be a bad thermostat. I know it originally worked, because I was in RedBay when built and saw it being checked.

Called Tiffin, and they walked me thru checking voltages on the heater and thermostat. It was obvious that the furnace was never getting power to turn on. New thermostat on it's way.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will "attempt" to check Thermostat. Both furnaces will not come on, but I really don't know what wires to check. Might just order new Thermostat anyway.
Is it easy to install?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Having two thermostats fail in the same mode is highly unusual. You can try rebooting them by either removing the cover and the small fuse or using the 12V switch by the door and turning it off. Wait a minute or two and turn the 12v back on.

It almost sounds like someone pulled the fuses for both furnaces since you are getting nothing when you switch to heat. Locate your 12v fuse panel and check the furnace fuses.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #11

Your thermostats are working or the heat pumps would not be coming on.

When the thermostat triggers the furnace, the blower is the first thing that starts working. The blower not only moves the hot air to the coach but also provides a source of combustion. If the blower fails to come on the rest of the sequence doesn't either. If the blowers are not coming on the problem is electrical and you need to find a bad fuse since this is a 12 volt system only.

If the blower comes on but no heat, then the problem could be no LP gas. Since BOTH are acting the same way, I would suspect they are not getting gas or someone pulled both fuses and I cannot think of a reason why anyone would do that.

Good luck and let us know how things work out.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Problem Solved!

I "learned" that the Furnace is part of the Hydra-Hot system. There is no Furnace. My instruction manual states to turn on Furnace Heater to get heat. It didn't mention to turn on the Hydra-Hot Deisel switch first. Well, I must first turn on the Deisel Heater button on the Hydra-Hot control panel in addition to setting the Thermastat... Thanks for your replies and help...

Tags
ace, furnace