Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #1

2007 allegro leveller issue

Hi
We own a 34 Ft allegro FRED with Atwood level legs. Our problem is one of the three modules is melted onto the circuit board and the legs will not extend unless done manually. Three legs will retract automatically but very slowly a bit at a time then the alarm will go off reset and try again until the three are up fourth(front passenger) has to be put up manually. Any suggestions to fix the problem.
007allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Can't answer your exact issue but I can relate.

We had an 2008 Allegro with the Atwood level legs. In a single night of camping I had a power controller issue on one leg and another leg broke either a sheer pin or some thing internally. But the leg was free floating. I had to tie the leg up, and disable the controller in order to drive home.

In talking with a few dealers I was told that those years had a major flaw and you can't get replacement parts, you just have to replace the system. Another dealer said that each leg is $1000 and since no replacement parts you have to replace the whole leg.

After reading many comments and reviews I decided to dump the Atwoods and replace them with HWH legs.

I know this won't help your issue much but I wanted to let you know my situation.

Good luck.

Tom
Old 06-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #3

Thanks we heard that too. Do you mind telling me the cost of replacing the legs
Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #4

Would an hwh controller operate Atwood legs?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007allegro View Post
Thanks we heard that too. Do you mind telling me the cost of replacing the legs
Full system replacement was about $5350. Has worked great every since and self levels. Had it installed at the factory in Iowa.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007allegro View Post
Would an hwh controller operate Atwood legs?
No. Completely different systems.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:50 AM   #7

Thanks for the info. We will check around up here then.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #8

we have a Fred too.... elec legs.... just had a shear pen break and it would not retract.

Called Tiffin...and got help with turning the alarm off after we pushed the leg up by hand....drilled a hole thru all 4 pieces of square tubing ( locate the hole about 1/4 the way ) and left the bit as a pin to get home.... new leg $400 not too bad. The alarm on my control box has two "phone type plugs" un plug them and the system was silent. If you know this stuff.....you'll never need it!!!
salisbury is offline   Reply With Quote