Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #1

2010 tiffin phaeton 40 qth fuel gauge

any one have any problems with inaccurate fuel readings.
vintagefade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #2

I have a 42 QDR Allegro bus with a 150 gal tank when the low fuel light comes on the most I have been able to squeeze in it was 99 gal. Furthermore I can fill it until the fuel is at the top of the filler neck and the gauge will read 3/4 to 7/8. this leads me to believe I have 50 gal of reserve but I have never had the guts to try it out. Hope this sheds some light.
Mvlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #3

Question 2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QTH Fuel Gauge

I have the same issue with my 2010 Phaeton 40QTH Powerglide chassis. I have filled my tank about six times. In each case, the gauge was showing 1/4 tank and the most that I could get in the tank was consistently around 45 gallons. This would lead one to believe I have a 60 gallon tank. Tiffin insist that I have a 100 gallon tank. Go figure!

Dan Bowman
2010 Phaeton 40QTH
jdanbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #4

well i am going to figure that i have a 100 gal tank. i will never run it lower then 1/4 on the gauge and assume that at a 1/4 tank i have appox. 35 gals in reserve. i will never have the guts to run it below 1/4 except in an emergency. will fill up after every 400 miles or so and around 6 hours of drive time at 65mph.
vintagefade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #5

We have an 08 QTH and have found the following to be true. At the Half mark, I can fill the tank putting 48-54 gallons into the tank. At the Quarter mark, I can fill the tank putting 58-62 gallons in the tank. This leads me to believe that at the Quarter mark, I still have approximately 25-38 gallons remaining in the tank, or ...... at my current 9.2 mpg average could travel quite a long distance. I have never allowed it to go below the Quarter mark... but isn't it nice to know that on "empty" you probably have 10 gallons left!!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same issues on my Discovery - but how are you getting 9.2 mpg? I am at 7.3 on my '10!
Saltydog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #7

I had a record fill up of 112 gal Monday but the gage was on E. I suppose i still had 38 gal of fuel left.

Bob 9.2 MPG is impressive. I get 6 to 7
Mvlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvlawn View Post
I had a record fill up of 112 gal Monday but the gage was on E. I suppose i still had 38 gal of fuel left.

Bob 9.2 MPG is impressive. I get 6 to 7
Well - I guess that makes me feel a bit better about 7.3
Old 09-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #9

In Jan of this year I replaced my OEM air filter with a K&N HD class A filter. That, along with driving under 61 miles per hour, using the Allison "Mode" more consistently when possible, and after getting the Cummins 0953 campaign update and ECM flash, I got a .5 mpg increase. I am now more than happy with my mpg and the performance of my engine.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
How do the campaign update and ECM flash work? Is that something a dealer can do? Do I have to go to Cummins? Or (gulp) is a do it yourself project? My Yorkie is about as competent with coach issues as I am........
Old 09-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #11

This is a Cummins Job. So your dog and you are out of the woods. From my understanding, the Cummings 0953 campaign effects the ISC, and larger engines. It includes ECM reprogramming and checking blowby pressure to look for defective valve seals that made their way into some engines. Most people are reporting 4-5 inches of blowby. Up to 11 is normal. Mine came in at .7 , well within limits. But, my engine did receive a new Turbo due to the Turbo re-clocking campaign, so that may have contributed to my "good" numbers. It was not able to be re-clocked so a new Turbo was installed under warranty. We try to stay up on all the updates. I was informed that I would get better mileage from the ECM reprogramming and have found it to be true.