Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Nedra, congratulations on your coach and welcome back to the Tiffin side. Enjoy your coach and many miles of safe travel.
Thank you so much. I'm really glad to be back and I love this coach. I like it better than the 37 ft Allegro Bay we had back in 2002.

Nedra
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to nrc1963
Hi Nedra
I may drive down on a road trip to tampa in a month or 2 and talk to the Lazy days Sales guy I may try ether Norm Williams, Lee Perrella or James Paredes for starters to get the ball possibly going but I want to get in a Coach feel around and drive it I hope it doent drive like my cousins old Mack Garbage Truck with a shot 19 speed daisy trans. But thank you and all You out there for your constant guidance . I remember first begining my research with a Jayco 19' Class C then the EMBARK then Wini Journey then found tiffin. Checked out Newmar a bit they seem very cluttered and dark inside. not enough windows.
Oh, Do RV Windows come with screens so you can leave windows open on a nice day or night? or is ther a kit for that sorta thing. You se how wet behind the ears I am

But I hope you are enjoying your new Rig and Wish you only the best with it. Any idea on Mapping Software as well need to get started on that research as well a bit more?
nrc1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrc1963 View Post
Hi Nedra
I may drive down on a road trip to tampa in a month or 2 and talk to the Lazy days Sales guy I may try ether Norm Williams, Lee Perrella or James Paredes for starters to get the ball possibly going but I want to get in a Coach feel around and drive it I hope it doent drive like my cousins old Mack Garbage Truck with a shot 19 speed daisy trans. But thank you and all You out there for your constant guidance . I remember first begining my research with a Jayco 19' Class C then the EMBARK then Wini Journey then found tiffin. Checked out Newmar a bit they seem very cluttered and dark inside. not enough windows.
Oh, Do RV Windows come with screens so you can leave windows open on a nice day or night? or is ther a kit for that sorta thing. You se how wet behind the ears I am

But I hope you are enjoying your new Rig and Wish you only the best with it. Any idea on Mapping Software as well need to get started on that research as well a bit more?
Yes Nick, there are screens on the windows. And I definitely think it's time you actually went to see one and drive one. Shopping online for a motorhome really is not the way to go unless you have already seen coaches up close and personal. Online doesn't give you a true picture of what they are like and it's really hard to determine if they really are cluttered and dark. The only way to really see what a coach is like is to see them in person.

I suggest you find an RV show to go to so you can see a wide variety of brands and models. Going to a dealer is only going to show you what they carry and you don't have as much to compare and if you've never even seen a motorhome in person it's not a great way to make a decision. You have to go in it, drive it, etc.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #18

Hi Nedra, Yes you are correct I am trying to get to some Shows as well. I also checked Out that RV dealer in Texas. It seems they have a reputation of buying damaged RVs and cheaply repairing them so they look like new(refurbished) There are several Rip Off reports against them as well a BBB complaints but the complaints have been closed. There is a young lady who recently got taken for a lot and they are being investigated and their process of selling RVs as a scam "BUT NOTHING is definite legally yet but there are few unhappy campers. I checked out another company in Penn. Similar problems but they rent them out and when the customer that doesn't notice or checks the rv good enough they get charged for the damage. So I am trying to build my list of at least 9 dealers with the best of records as well as factory visits. But everyone I heard from Goes to lazy Daze Gets Fed and camps out in there trailer park. I am not worried about the freebees I just want to get down to buss and get all the info as well as meet and honest ,Caring and Experience salesman or woman.I have a cousin who does not fulltime RV but comes close to it my other cousin told me and he lives in Fla and knows alot about them.

I hope All is going well for your New Year and with your new rig.

Tell the 2 furry one I said hello in Bark talk. you se what anxiety to be free can do to one. You and your family "Keep those smiles Going "
Old 01-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Nedra, Yes you are correct I am trying to get to some Shows as well. I also checked Out that RV dealer in Texas. It seems they have a reputation of buying damaged RVs and cheaply repairing them so they look like new(refurbished) There are several Rip Off reports against them as well a BBB complaints but the complaints have been closed. There is a young lady who recently got taken for a lot and they are being investigated and their process of selling RVs as a scam "BUT NOTHING is definite legally yet but there are few unhappy campers. I checked out another company in Penn. Similar problems but they rent them out and when the customer that doesn't notice or checks the rv good enough they get charged for the damage. So I am trying to build my list of at least 9 dealers with the best of records as well as factory visits. But everyone I heard from Goes to lazy Daze Gets Fed and camps out in there trailer park. I am not worried about the freebees I just want to get down to buss and get all the info as well as meet and honest ,Caring and Experience salesman or woman.I have a cousin who does not fulltime RV but comes close to it my other cousin told me and he lives in Fla and knows alot about them.

I hope All is going well for your New Year and with your new rig.

Tell the 2 furry one I said hello in Bark talk. you se what anxiety to be free can do to one. You and your family "Keep those smiles Going "
I guess you will find a few unhappy campers with any RV dealer. We bought a new coach from them and it was ordered from the factory so I think there's a difference. I know other dealers who do the same thing and some just get lucky and don't get caught. It's the used coaches that you get into that problem with. If you buy new you shouldn't have any issues like that to deal with. La Mesa is another one that buys used coaches dirt cheap and then resells them but perhaps haven't gotten caught doing anything shady yet (that I know of). That's what all dealers do when they buy a used coach outright,
Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedra

I guess you will find a few unhappy campers with any RV dealer. We bought a new coach from them and it was ordered from the factory so I think there's a difference. I know other dealers who do the same thing and some just get lucky and don't get caught. It's the used coaches that you get into that problem with. If you buy new you shouldn't have any issues like that to deal with. La Mesa is another one that buys used coaches dirt cheap and then resells them but perhaps haven't gotten caught doing anything shady yet (that I know of). That's what all dealers do when they buy a used coach outright,
Hello Nedra,
How is everything going? How is the new motor home working out ? Tell everyone I said hello and you all are in my daily prayers. Anything new going on I'm still working on getting to a show and head down to Lazy Days in Tampa from NY in about 2 months . I am learning a lot from irv2 members in addition to my research now I have to get in an allegro to really se the facts

I think I would like to learn how to negotiate a little better. After many new cars and all paid off I was just to darn nice to those salesman and I always came out last.

I am looking into fl for a HB how does a home base actually work or get established?
Do you actually have to own a house or property or is their a forwarding process that can be don e. many have told me SD is a really good state for a HB in addition to Texas and Fla.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Hello Nedra,
How is everything going? How is the new motor home working out ? Tell everyone I said hello and you all are in my daily prayers. Anything new going on I'm still working on getting to a show and head down to Lazy Days in Tampa from NY in about 2 months . I am learning a lot from irv2 members in addition to my research now I have to get in an allegro to really se the facts

I think I would like to learn how to negotiate a little better. After many new cars and all paid off I was just to darn nice to those salesman and I always came out last.

I am looking into fl for a HB how does a home base actually work or get established?
Do you actually have to own a house or property or is their a forwarding process that can be don e. many have told me SD is a really good state for a HB in addition to Texas and Fla.
Hi Nick,
all is well and loving our coach. Got an appointment with Tiffin in May to take care of some issues and thrilled that they continue to stand behind their product.

I can't believe you have to go all the way to FL just to find a coach. That's an awful long trip from NY. I certainly wouldn't be doing that but if you got the time and the money to show long distance like that I guess more power to you.

I'm assuming by HB you mean home base. I'm not a full timer and really don't know much about it. I would never live in Florida again nor would I return to Texas. Might be cheap but they both have too many natural disasters. Of course I wouldn't return to New England for that matter.

If you want to learn how to negoitate better get a job as a used car salesman. Then go show Or just learn how to get up and walk out if you don't like the sound of the deal.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedra

Hi Nick,
all is well and loving our coach. Got an appointment with Tiffin in May to take care of some issues and thrilled that they continue to stand behind their product.

I can't believe you have to go all the way to FL just to find a coach. That's an awful long trip from NY. I certainly wouldn't be doing that but if you got the time and the money to show long distance like that I guess more power to you.

I'm assuming by HB you mean home base. I'm not a full timer and really don't know much about it. I would never live in Florida again nor would I return to Texas. Might be cheap but they both have too many natural disasters. Of course I wouldn't return to New England for that matter.

If you want to learn how to negoitate better get a job as a used car salesman. Then go show Or just learn how to get up and walk out if you don't like the sound of the deal.
Hello Nedra and family it's been a while I just wanted to stop by and say hello and se how your new coach is doing I am taking your advise And this on in a few days am going to the northeast rv show. You all are in my prayers and I wish you a berry successful year and a very bright spring
Stay Safe