Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2011 Allegro red a/c question

Anybody having trouble with there air cond. blowing hot air while driving then after about 5 minutes of being parked It's starts to blow cold.
Mirbigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirbigfella View Post
Anybody having trouble with there air cond. blowing hot air while driving then after about 5 minutes of being parked It's starts to blow cold.
I'll, assume dash air , and parked with engine at idle or high idle.
Any indication of the outside humidity, some times at very high humidity the A/C can freeze up, at high engine RPMs then thaw out at idle.
After it gets cold ; parked; if you drive does it stop cooling again?
Possible low freon level.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm sorry it's the air cond. with generator on. And about 87 outside
Old 03-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirbigfella View Post
I'm sorry it's the air cond. with generator on. And about 87 outside
OK , roof air , in motion, different than what I was thinking.
What do you have the wall t'stat set at ?
Old 03-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
It's set at 74. The air was cold for about 100 miles then it stared to blow hot air and we stopped after about 10 minutes it was cold again
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #6

Sounds like it might be freezing up. There is a sensor on or near the evaporator that is supposed to prevent ice from forming. Some call it a 35 degree switch. It's possible that it has become detatched from the evaporator.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A/C stopping

I have a 2010 RED that had the same problem. When driving, the rear engine heat in the closet, causes the circit breaker to flip. When the engine cools the breaker "may" reset and you again have cool air. My closet doesn't have an air-conditioning cooling vent - only return vent. Try driving in hot weather with the driver's side closet door open.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #8

I too had this issue with my 2011 RED. The breakers would trip and the coach we get very hot. I complained to anyone who would listen. The problem was that when I took it in for service the air would work fine because it was parked. I pleaded with the tech's that as menopausal as I was there was no reason or even no excuse for it being 95 in the coach. I finally got the nerve to actually call Tiffin. I actually sent an email to a nice lady named Stephanie. She forwarded my email to one of the tiffin sons. ( I can't seem to remember his name off the top of my head) he never responded. So I took a deep breadth and called. When I got him on the phone he only had one thing to say. "25 amp". I asked for clarification. He again said "you need to change the breaker to 25 amp". So I informed the service techs and they complied. I have a limited knowledge on these things but basically I am not sure that this solved my issue. I will say the breakers don' trip anymore. Is it still hot? Well it is better than it was. However it is not summer yet. I am sorry that you are having the same issue but at least it makes me feel less crazy.
Pellerotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellerotto View Post
I too had this issue with my 2011 RED. The breakers would trip and the coach we get very hot. I complained to anyone who would listen. The problem was that when I took it in for service the air would work fine because it was parked. I pleaded with the tech's that as menopausal as I was there was no reason or even no excuse for it being 95 in the coach. I finally got the nerve to actually call Tiffin. I actually sent an email to a nice lady named Stephanie. She forwarded my email to one of the tiffin sons. ( I can't seem to remember his name off the top of my head) he never responded. So I took a deep breadth and called. When I got him on the phone he only had one thing to say. "25 amp". I asked for clarification. He again said "you need to change the breaker to 25 amp". So I informed the service techs and they complied. I have a limited knowledge on these things but basically I am not sure that this solved my issue. I will say the breakers don' trip anymore. Is it still hot? Well it is better than it was. However it is not summer yet. I am sorry that you are having the same issue but at least it makes me feel less crazy.
What did the tiffin service people say? If anything
Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #10

They said to put in the larger breakers both front and back. (25amps each). Since I have done that the breakers have not tripped. It still does not really get that cool in the back.
Pellerotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Ok thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellerotto View Post
They said to put in the larger breakers both front and back. (25amps each). Since I have done that the breakers have not tripped. It still does not really get that cool in the back.
Re: Cooling, In our 2010 RED we followed advice from a couple of guys in the Tiffin network a couple years ago and plugged the AC ductwork between the front/rear. Huge improvement. Now the front AC cools the front and rear AC cools rear. We used a small piece of foam cut to size.

Are both of these AC breakers located in the bedroom closet?
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #13

Either I read this post wrong or I am missing something. He never said the breakers kicked out only that it blew cold then warm then got cold again. I had the over heated panel problem and Tiffin had a fix to add insulation behind the door inside the closet that provides access to the back of the panel. I believe this posters problem is with the rooftop unit freezing and not the breakers. INMO
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Either I read this post wrong or I am missing something. He never said the breakers kicked out only that it blew cold then warm then got cold again. I had the over heated panel problem and Tiffin had a fix to add insulation behind the door inside the closet that provides access to the back of the panel. I believe this posters problem is with the rooftop unit freezing and not the breakers. INMO
It is the roof top I don't think it freezes up because after about 5 minutes it blows cold, after I stop driving.