RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
EPK

2011 Phaeton Questions

We have a 2011 Phaeton 36QSH and have a few questions.

Where is the water fuel seperator located?

The additional HDMI Cable/Sat Cable/Audio Video Cables on the bedroom tv only extend about 6 inches below tv, is there more behind the TV or do they need to be replaced with longer ones to be able to set a second sat receiver on the cabnet shelf?

Is the automatic generator start hooked up to start based on inside tempeature?

Can you keep the entry step from going out when the door is opened?

Should the MCD shade's be installed with the solar next to the window and the night shade towards the inside of the coach?

Unlike our previuos DP there seems to be no access in the bedroom to the top of the engine compartment is this right?

Thanks for any info in advance.

EPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #2

The only one I can respond to accurately is the MCD shades and yes MCD installs the day shade next to the glass and the night shade on the inside the coach side of the day shade. I had those on my last coach and me new one has a copy of MCDs hung the other way around and I REALLY preferred the way MCD does it. All just my opinion. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW COACH!!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #3

You have to set the temp the gen will start on the power control panel Several gen items to set there.
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
EPK

Thanks for the shade response, I thought that should be the way. Ours are backwards, day on the inside night on the out side but only the two in the cockpit. The rest of the coach including the wind screen are installed day on the outside night on the inside. Maybe they can be reversed on the brackets, Ill have to see.
Thanks again
Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #5

I couldn't figure out a way to keep the step from going out so I rigged up a magnet that I attach to the door sensor to fool it into thinking the door is still closed.

I haven't taken it up yet but engine access is on top of the stair in front of the closet.

My thermal feature works off my front thermostat.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
EPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by openpro View Post
I couldn't figure out a way to keep the step from going out so I rigged up a magnet that I attach to the door sensor to fool it into thinking the door is still closed.

I haven't taken it up yet but engine access is on top of the stair in front of the closet.

My thermal feature works off my front thermostat.
The magnet is an easy way to take care of the problem, when you are parked along a curb. Even though our owners manual says you can be defeated but does not seem to work. Friends of ours have a new Newmar with the same issue, and they were told by Newmar it was changed for safety reasons.

I figured out the Gen Start, as you said it works off the demand of the front thermostat. It seems it has to be set each time you want to use the feature though.

Our 2011 Phaeton has the 2010 engine package "no DEF" and there does not appear to be any way to access the top of the engine from the inside of the coach. I guess I'll send Tiffin a question.

Thanks for your response
Old 08-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
On our 09 Phaeton the MCD sun shades are closest to the window and the blackout MCD is on the inside... this seems right to me.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Our 2011 Phaeton has the 2010 engine package "no DEF" and there does not appear to be any way to access the top of the engine from the inside of the coach. I guess I'll send Tiffin a question.
Openpro has the answer in reference to engine access. There are several screws buried in the carpet which you have to locate and remove prior to pulling up the access cover.
sfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
I have the same model as you.......

Where is the water fuel seperator located?

The additional HDMI Cable/Sat Cable/Audio Video Cables on the bedroom tv only extend about 6 inches below tv, is there more behind the TV or do they need to be replaced with longer ones to be able to set a second sat receiver on the cabnet shelf?
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Isn't there a set of cables in the cabinet in the bedroom for a DVD to connect to the bedroom TV? I'm sure mine does. I think there is a short pigtail HDMI plug at the back of the TVs such as the one that connects to the front Sat receiver.[/COLOR]

Is the automatic generator start hooked up to start based on inside tempeature?
Yes. Check the owners manual for the inverter. There is an option for the Generator to come on when the AC needs to come on based on the temp you sent on the thermostat.

Should the MCD shade's be installed with the solar next to the window and the night shade towards the inside of the coach?
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]My shades have the sun screen against the window (all windows) and the night shade toward the inside of the coach. [/COLOR]
Old 09-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #10
EPK

Thanks for all the responses.
I found the motor access cover screws, again thanks for the responses, now just to figure out how to fix the stuff that is not right.