RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2012 28br vs 2013 32br

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a breeze. DW wants shorter 28 and I of course think the longer with newer larger engine would be the choice. Owners thoughts would be welcome. Also, is there a gas mileage difference between the older and newer style engines..??

cuemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #2

Your wife doesn't need a closet any more???

edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
That is what I told her. I looked at the miramar32.1 and like it, but it's gas and have had a diesel, I would like to stay diesel... she is set on her shorter coach than 37...
cuemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuemaker View Post
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a breeze. DW wants shorter 28 and I of course think the longer with newer larger engine would be the choice. Owners thoughts would be welcome. Also, is there a gas mileage difference between the older and newer style engines..??
As a 32 BR owner who looked/tested long and hard on the breeze, I would NOT under any circumstances go for the 28. The 32, with its longer length, better ride/handling, additional storage, and more stable platform just beats the 28 hands down. We bought our 2012 Breeze 32 used with 10K miles on it last year, and have just finished putting 10K miles on her with a 3 month western jaunt. Fine experience.
alandsusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alandsusy View Post
As a 32 BR owner who looked/tested long and hard on the breeze, I would NOT under any circumstances go for the 28. The 32, with its longer length, better ride/handling, additional storage, and more stable platform just beats the 28 hands down. We bought our 2012 Breeze 32 used with 10K miles on it last year, and have just finished putting 10K miles on her with a 3 month western jaunt. Fine experience.
32 BR owner as well and absolutely agree with the comments above.
Think going with more powerful engine as well as engine brake is a winner.
Is your wife perhaps intimidated by the length of the 32?
From the outside it looks more like a 40 because of the low height - an optical illusion.
And the 32 is really easy to drive if that's a factor - my wife shares driving with me.
FYI, we bought our 2011 32 BR new and have put roughly 25K miles on it.
Several trips have been 2 months plus, and the extra room is appreciated.
Don't have hard data, but think you'd get better fuel mileage with the newer engine due to better power/weight ratio. Believe this has been discussed on Tiffin Forums.

Good luck, rick p
Old 10-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
32 Breeze

We have a 32 and also love it! And agree with all above. Still need to do more organizing on what we need and don't yet after several trips this summer so planning on making drawers in the basement as with the slides open it will make it easier for getting things when parked. For turning and moving around anywhere its a breeze! excuse the pun, as we have a very limited area, and the width and height a major issue for us at our home. We camp mostly in state parks and haven't had any problems getting in! Which with larger units would be something to think about. Milage is still something we are keeping track on, can't believe the computer in the dash as that has us getting around 15 miles per gallon pulling a CRV so doing it the old fashion way over several fill up's to know for sure what it is. We did look and test several different units from all manufactures from gas to diesel and lots of reading along with post's on boards like these so enjoy the process! Alot to think about and sometimes overload!