Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #1

2012 32 Breeze

We're thinking of purchasing a 32BR during the year end close outs going on in the industry right now (9/15/2012). Does anyone have anything negative to say about the 32BR. So far all of the reviews I've read on this forum are positive (well mostly). It seems to be the right coach for my wife and I, since we enjoy the smaller campsite locations versus RV Parks. This will be our first motor home, we have a cab-over camper now (Lance 1121 on a Ford F550).
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
[QUOTE=johnmbeard;1309608]We're thinking of purchasing a 32BR during the year end close outs going on in the industry right now (9/15/2012). Does anyone have anything negative to say about the 32BR. So far all of the reviews I've read on this forum are positive (well mostly). It seems to be the right coach for my wife and I, since we enjoy the smaller campsite locations versus RV Parks. This will be our first motor home, we have a cab-over camper now (Lance 1121 on a Ford F550).[Quote

We don't own this brand either but are looking at it also. You should go to the website Tiffinrvnetwork and ask your questions there. They are vary helpful and nice folks there. The website is not a part of Tiffin. We got a build sheet for the 2013 from Stephanie at Tiffin. I see the 2013 Base Price is 182,280 VS 164,920. I see the 2013 has a DP 240 HP vs the 215 HP also they have changed the Slide out box construction. They have added an Exhoust Brake. I have both the 2012 & 2013 brosure anyway i hope that helps. I am sure there are lots more info so check with Tiffin Owners and go from there. Good luck on what you choose.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #3

I was able to test drive a 2012 32 BR and I have to say I was disappointed. The coach did well getting up to speed, but it had a couple of loud squeaks that the sales guy said we wouldn't notice when the radio was on. When he tried to level the coach the air system had problems. The rear hatch was bent on this particular coach due to improper handling. Needless to say we walked away from that coach.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmbeard
I was able to test drive a 2012 32 BR and I have to say I was disappointed. The coach did well getting up to speed, but it had a couple of loud squeaks that the sales guy said we wouldn't notice when the radio was on. When he tried to level the coach the air system had problems. The rear hatch was bent on this particular coach due to improper handling. Needless to say we walked away from that coach.
How did you think it handled? Many say it wanders while going down the road. We are also interested in the Breeze but have never driven one.
AXG1040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #5

I don't know a lot about the Breeze, but I am a Tiffin owner and spend quite a bit of time on the TRVN website. From what I can tell, the Breeze is still a work in progress. There are a lot of changes from year to year, so a year old one may make you wish that you had the newer model.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We looked at the 32 ft Breeze last year before we bought the Monaco Vesta 32 ft. The dealer said that the 32 ft Breeze was not up to the normal ride quality of the Tiffin brand. The dealer eventually stopped inventorying the 32 ft becausre of poor "drivability". Don't know how the 2013 handles but I would investigate this issue problem before purchasing one.
rg neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #7

I, too am considering a 2012 Breeze. Does anyone have any real time ownership experience? Thanks.
elmer zilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmer zilch View Post
I, too am considering a 2012 Breeze. Does anyone have any real time ownership experience? Thanks.
We own a 2011 Breeze. When new it had handling issues and the slides were noisy. The slides were fixed by Tiffin and have not been a problem since. Had the front end aligned and a Safe-T-Plus installed (Tiffin paid for both) and the handling issues went away. (The handling of the coach is also very sensitive to tire pressure.) The coach is a bit under powered but not too badly. We also installed a better kitchen sink and faucet in our unit, replacing the original RV sink. Have just recently installed a residential fridge and are VERY pleased with it. Overall we have been pleased with the coach and it has taken us on 8000 miles worth of journeys in the first year with an average of 10mpg.
When people say the Breeze is a work in progress, I would have to agree. The new ones with the larger engine may or may not be an improvement...haven't driven the new ones. But the pp is much higher on the 2013's and not sure if it is worth it. I would recommend searching for a used Breeze 2001/12 with low miles that has been gone through and upgraded by Tiffin (and the previous owner) like mine. After the fixes the coach does well
Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #9

2012 32 Breeze

Tiffin has had some problems with the Breeze. However, I think most have been corrected. There was an $8000. increase in engine cost for 2013 (Emissions). Also the 13 has flush f/g slideouts. Danny Inman (Tiffin Sales) advised that all known problems have been corrected with units built after Dec 11. Davis MH in Memphis has a 2012 32 Breeze that has been repaired by Tiffin-Red Bay with a $128,000 price (D and N Camper Sales | Davis Motorhome Mart)
SGTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2012 32 BR Breeze, 6,000 miles.

Several problems, with slides, slide noise, suspension noise, pulling to the right, leaking windows, leaking bays, bad inverters, etc.

Been back to Red Bay twice, and dealer four times.

Not happy at all!

Under powered(my opinion), plus averaging 8 mpg, driving "conservatively".

I certainly made a bad decision!
Dennis Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #11

I have a 2012 Breeze, I am please with it. It did wonder a bit but once I adjusted the tire pressure to 80 rear and 85 front it handles a lot better. The air levelers are limited to about 6" slope that that would be a problem and carry blocks, but have not used them yet. the wheel base is short so 6" between wheels is a pretty good slope. The automactic level systems sometimes has a hard time and I take over and level manuelly. The MPG has been around 10.5 to 11.5 towing. The slides are both Hydralic which was the main fix for the 12's the 2013 have a new one piece slide. I toured the 13 Breeze not sure I would pay the extra cost for that little bit extra HP. I have not had any issue with the current 12's, get up and go. Agree not a rabbit start but it is a motorhome. I had some issues with it new but all have been taken care of, I don't think I have ever owned a motorhome without issues, the important thing is how it is handled, Tiffin has done well, they have shipped me small parts to put on myself to save the trip to dealer which has saved time and money. hope this helps/
Steve
harp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #12

Looking to purchase a 2011 32BR at local dealership. The bedroom TV mounting seemed to be a fixed position. Has anyone changed this mounting to be adjustable?
Travelers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Well we hope you make a good choice of a Tiffin. We went with the Tiffin Allegro TGA 34 Open Road. It is a Gasser but it has all the Options on it. We brought it home today and she is a Beauty.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #14

I would say this:

The issues with my 2012 Breeze were minor. Small fixes like trim. Nothing at all major. All RV's will have some problems. I like the fact that all repairs were done very quickly. I am thinking about adding Safety Plus. Lets see how she does on the next trip of about 500 miles. So far no real handling issues. Just poorly maintained roads here in Calif.

Fred J
2012 32 Breeze
SoCal
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote