RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #1

2012 Breeze DVD problems.

Has anyone had problems with Panasonic surround sound DVD player.. Dealer has changed mine out at least twice and it works once and them dvd door will not open. Power comes on and nothing is blocking drawer. Just won't open. I cannot even pry it open. Now its out of warranty they want to replace entire system.

pabreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #2

Mechanical components like VHS and DVD players don't like being bounced around it a motorhome. It has been a couple years since we used a DVD player either at home or on the road. We use flash memory sticks and .AVI and .MP4 for everything now. Just plug it into the USB slot and run it from the TV. Most TVs, other than Sony now have a USB players built right into the TV. I have an AVI/MP4 library of about 500 movies and 3,000 TV shows.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #3

Thanks, guess I need to update to 21st century. Need any DVD's.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
This has happened to us in our 2013 Allegro. The problem is a short in one of the speakers. Tiffin had me unplug all the speaker wires from the back of the DVD and than plug one back in at a time to see which was the issue. For me it turned out to be the sub-woofer. Without it plugged in, everything works fine. With it plugged in, the DVD act as you described. Since mine is still under warranty, I will have them find the short and fix it next month.

Hope this helps.
segel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #5

thanks

Thanks that actually sounds like it might very well be the problem. I will check it out.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #6

Call Tiffin techs

pabreeze,

You might also call the Tiffin tech guys - we had a similar DVD problem on our 2011 Breeze and they were able to diagnose and help us fix it. Our problem inexplicably turned out to be related to our TV screen resolution settings. Nothing logical about that, but it seemed to be a known problem and did get us back up and watching DVDs.

Good luck, rick p