Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #1

2012 Tiffin Allegro 36la pitch squeek

Long shot here before I call Tiffin..
New to me coach on our first 2000 miles with it. Ride is generally very good except for a irritating low pitch squeek when going over bumpier roads. On the passenger side wall starting from the front there is a speaker, 2 small cabinets, then another two small cabinets over the entry door. DW believes she has isolated this noise to the cabinet just above her head next to the speaker. We have taken everything out of these cabinets. They are very tightly mounted. It's as if it's coming from the wall.
Anyone else experience a similar noise?
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #2

This was my squeak. Open the entry door while inside, on the top left corner there is a Phillips head screw that should be counter sunk in the door frame. Mine was rubbing the outer door frame and progressively got louder. I pulled over on the side of the road one day and covered the screw head with electrical tape until I could get home and exchange the screw with a low profile head screw. It's worth a look.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
My squeak on the 35 QBA was also the door. I noticed the rubber molding on the bottom of the door was not fitting right and jammed into a 1/4 space under the door. The molding was actually wedging the door so tight in the door frame it made it hard to open and close and caused it to squeak. I took the molding off (it fits in a little track) and the door was so much easier to open and close. I flip the molding over so it fits up under the door instead of hanging down. It was easy to fit back in the track and it still provides a weather seal because it closes against the inside threshold. We have taken two long trips since and no squeak.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #4

Update on my horrible medium pitch loud squeek. This noise was never coming from the door area. You could open the two small overhead PS cabinets that are directly above the PS window and hear the noise. No pushing or bending stopped this.
Just opposite this area on the outside is where the front awning mounting arm is attached. I lubricated all moving and hinging points, spayed plexus along the entire length of the arm and tightened
down all mounting screws.
Squeak was gone immediately and has not returned in 3000 miles... What the heck!
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin