Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

Thumbs down 2013 32 Breeze caution/warning

We have a 2013 Breeze 32footer, we got it in August of 2013. Due to being ill, we only have 5200 miles on it. Last week, I brought it over to the house to clean, reload, and checkout, as we were going to try using it somemore.
After pulling up to the house, I found a BIG puddle of engine oil under the coach. After crawling and looking, I found the remountly mounted oil filter, on the passengerside of the coach, was leaking. Further investigation showed the front line from the remote filter install was rubbing on the filter, causing a hole to be worn through the bottom edge of the filter.
I replaced the filter and rerouted the lines, as best as I could.
Will keep an eye on the whole system now, but if this happened on the road, I would be very P#ssd off.
Called Tiffin and told them of the situation, and thought I would put it on the forum, if you have a Breeze, check the oil filter install and check for wear.

Have a oil free day, The Muffin Man.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the info. Good to know.

alandsusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #3

Did you call the maker of the engine? If it is not an isolated problem, maybe they will reimburse you for it or ask you to bring it in for a change up.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
Did you call the maker of the engine? If it is not an isolated problem, maybe they will reimburse you for it or ask you to bring it in for a change up.
I believe the Breeze is built on a chassis that Tiffin builds. If so, the engine maker (Navistar) has nothing to do with a "remote" filter mounting issue.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #5

If I buy a 2014 or 2015 this year, I will look to see what Tiffin or whomever did with the remote filter, if anything. I have decided that whatever happens with whatever mh I buy that I will resolve to do my best to just take things in stride because it is a mh and not my Mercedes. Best of luck in the future.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #6

Tiffin makes the chassis, and put a remote filter on the chassis, for the Navistar engine. The way Tiffin ran the lines caused the rub. I called Tiffin and told them of the problem. I think I fixed it with lots of wireties and a piece of hose insulation. It is something to keep an eye on as it wore threw in less than 5000 miles.
It is just an observation, but if you have a remote mounted filter,check it.

The annoying thing is, if the filter was in the original location, it would be easier to change, but may be mounted to loww. Not sure.

The lastest oil shiek, the Muffin Man.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #7

Studmuffin,

I am kinda lost on this one. We're driving a '13 32BR as well and the oil filter in mounted in Navistar's original location Under the engine. The fuel filters are remoted and to the right , up, passenger side, by the radiator in rear. Primary and secondary side by side. Above that is the power steering fluid reservoir which, by the way, uses the same motor oil as the engine. I'm just wondering....So far after about 15k miles the only leaks have been coolant. I suppose every hose clamp was loose. I tightened every one I could reach. The last two days of extreme cold weather has disclosed two more coolant leaks parked on the concrete pad in our drive at home. I can't reach those so I'll have to take it to the International shop next week when and if it warms up. I found the first three coolant leaks by plugging in the block heater, drip - drip. I'm really happy we winterized the rig when we had to get home early from FL.

kayak70 is offline   Reply With Quote