Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #1

2013 Allegro Bus by Tiffin

Does anyone know anything or have any reviews on the 2013 Allegro 43QGP By Tiffin?

Thank you Randy K
Randyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #2

Just ordered one Wednesday. What questions do you have?
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #3

Took delivery of mine in late October
LLease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #4

Love the 43' bath and a half floorplans, and think the 45' new floorplan is *really* nifty- the only negative is more length, but I think once you go over 40 feet you're already into the possible restrictive conditions in national and state parks, smaller CG's, etc. After considerable shopping around the 'bus' is at the top of our longlist for coaches to buy when we're ready to hit the road full-time.
traccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #5

We've experienced the typical new coach bugs, but nothing serious and nothing Tiffin isn't working out. Dealer service centers have been a little disappointing but the Tiffin field rep has more than made up for the short comings of the service centers.

Our biggest headache has been the "new" infra-red entertainment center controls. Still not working correctly. TV and Dish Network controllers are extremely frustrating to operate. Hopefully a solution pretty quick.

Handles great and the performance has been exceptional. We live on the west coast, travel between Oregon and San Diego pulling a 2007 Tahoe and we get 11.3-11.6 MPG consistently.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #6

You may want to check out the Cummins tab under RV forums. There's a thread from a guy who just bought a 2013 with the ISX500 engine. He has major issues with the engine and it sounds to me that Cummins & Tiffin aren't stepping up to the plate to help this guy. I realize Tiffin doesn't manufacture the engine but they should work with him as an advocate to get this resolved. I know if I had just spent that amount of money and Tiffin more or less told me I was on my own, I would have gone ballistic.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
You may want to check out the Cummins tab under RV forums. There's a thread from a guy who just bought a 2013 with the ISX500 engine. He has major issues with the engine and it sounds to me that Cummins & Tiffin aren't stepping up to the plate to help this guy. I realize Tiffin doesn't manufacture the engine but they should work with him as an advocate to get this resolved. I know if I had just spent that amount of money and Tiffin more or less told me I was on my own, I would have gone ballistic.
x-2- this is a very distressing situation. DW and I were looking at the 45' not now. Check it out ! Bob time to step up and help! Now he has a stress crack in the bedroom slide out area. This is a Tiffin's top of the line 500 K coach.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #8

Bought a 2013 45lp Bus in January of this year. Having the same infra Red Tv blaster issues along with minor issues. Havent decided to go to Tiffin or Lazy Days for the first service.

Chris
Charlotte NC
cgarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can find all the information you want on the Tiffin RV Network.

Tiffin RV Network

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
You can find all the information you want on the Tiffin RV Network.

Tiffin RV Network

Jon
Figured its time to go to the Factory in Red Bay. Booked in for July for first service at Tiffin , I canceled with Lazy Days. This all started because of service or lack thereof, with my old coach. I traded my American Coach Tradition in January of this year for Tiffin Bus... with all the talk about Tiffin Factory Service and the price difference Tiffin Allergro Bus vs American Coach Eagle/Tradition.

Chris and Diana Garvey
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
2012 Caddy SRX Toad
Charlotte NC.
Poweglide Chassis
Cummings ISL 450
Old 05-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #11

Little update on my repair issues

Tiffin has performed true to their reputation and all is working out good. There were some issues that should not have left the factory but all in all repairs have been satisfactory.

The factory equipped in motion dish was a mess and we ended up changing out to the Traveler Dish. Anyone ordering a new coach should spend the extra $150.00 and get the pre-wiring package, even if you think the in motion one is going to work. Cheap insurance that should be a standard item in all their coaches.

After 6 months we are very pleased with our purchase and would do it all over again. Great company and great people to work with.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #12

I agree... I was surprised with the many minor issues with the new Tiffin Bus so of the obvious/visual issues should have not left the factory. Some of the issues should have come to light with the delivery driver and he could have left a punch list. You can only find some of the issues on site delivery. This is my fifth class A new purchase and this coach has more minor issues than any in the past. Dealer has to take some accountability for what I feel was a casual survey... But after over 25 years of Motorhoming I have a whole different take on the industry sale/after sale procedures.

Chris
Old 06-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #13

Please lets keep this thread active, interesting to find out over the coming weeks/months what happens regarding Tiffin's response to this.
Popeye46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #14
HHg

The only things I've had to do to my new Phaeton 40QBH was to replace the LP regulator ($25.00) and the splitter up in my overhead for the TVs. Tiffin sent me the splitter, I bought the regulator. Won't hear me complaining!!

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin