RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #1

2014 ALLEGRO BUS 40QBP Is it good?

We are considering buying a 2014 40QBP with 27.000 miles on it. We have not had a Tiffin before. Anything we should know or be careful of? We have heard there problems with the smaller slide out rails. Appreciate any help.

Ikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Problems with the smaller slide rails? What does that mean? Who did you hear that from?

simonsrf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:07 PM   #3

Slide out rails

We were told by a dealer that the "tracks" on the side of the smaller slide outs were plastic covered by metal. They had a tendency to separate which caused damage to the motors. Tiffin went to solid metal ones in 2017.
Ikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #4

We purchased a used 2014 Phaeton. The third motorhome we've owned in the last 10 plus years. It had less than 6000 miles on it, have put an additional 12,000 on it so far. We love the coach. Haven`t had any real issues with it so far. I can tell you from experience with this coach and others. Sideout maintenance is the key. Follow the recommended maintenance routine to the letter. Plus be sure the coach is level before extending the slides, and if you have auto leveling look to make sue all the jacks are down completely. If not relevel it. Goid luck.
tondeelespop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester View Post
We were told by a dealer that the "tracks" on the side of the smaller slide outs were plastic covered by metal. They had a tendency to separate which caused damage to the motors. Tiffin went to solid metal ones in 2017.
You just caught that dealer in his first lie. Shame on him.

The bedroom slides use Schwintek slide mechanisms and they are, and always have been, metal. We had a 2014 Phaeton which used the same slide systems and never had a problem.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
My 2012 Phaeton has all metal tracks. Do yourself a favor and don't listen to anything a dealer tells you, you'll come out way ahead.
simonsrf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We are 7 weeks into our 14 45LP and love it. Here are a couple things we have had to work on, nothing major, but thought I'd pass your way. The biggest thing is the front heated floors. They didn't work for us and we discovered that the wiring in the half bath was wired poorly and began to arc causing the front floor to not heat. i had to strip the wires and connect properly but, I'm told, it could have caused a fire. I would certainly inspect those wire personally and not rely on the dealer to do it. Other minor thing is the wiring under the driver seat came loose after getting to campground and turning it around. I need to extend the wiring so it has slack when turned. The first weekend we had it home we decided to clean all sink traps because one was slow to drain. It was a disgusting job but so glad we did it. Couldn't believe the crap that was stuck in the lines. This weekend we replaced the auto over the air antenna with a Winegard Rayzar Automatic. Easy install, great reception but can't speak to the longevity.

In regards to Tiffin, I consider them an above average coach with great customer service. We narrowed our search down to Tiffin and Newmar before we bought the Tiffin. Good luck and feel free to pm me with any questions.
brandss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:22 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
We love our bus and only minor issues with it. Replaced defective over the air tv antenna and upgraded the Satellite system. I have replaced the cooktop and installed a stainless steel kitchen sink since the original one was leaking but all systems work great. Love the heated floors and the aqua hot heating system. I’m going to install Koni’s on the front end as last upgrade before our winter trip.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:13 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Always remember that you can easily tell when a RV dealer/salesman is lying. Their mouth moves...

So what other coach were they trying to steer you towards?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:29 PM   #10

We had a 2011 QXP Bus for 2 years. It was a wonderful bus, the only problem we had was the microwave stopped working one day. It would work when plugged in to another outlet. When I chased it down, the neutral wire had become dislodged from the clip together wiring junction.

Those two piece clip together junctions are widely used in the industry. I fixed it with 3 split bolts and 30 minutes time.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the 2014 models.

heathtx

heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro