Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

2014 Cornerstone on new/upgraded K3?

I'm new here, have been reading for a while, just decided to post as I can't find my answer. We are planning to purchase a Cornerstone in the next 12-18 months. I see that their new 2014 brochure shows a new front axle under the K3 chassis. But I can't find the 2014 K3 chassis spec sheet anywhere. Not even on the Spartan website. Has anyone seen it, can send it to me? I'm an engineer and the little things are very important to me, like extra weight carrying in the front. Here's what the online brochure from Entegra says it has on it now:

Reyco Granning front axle 20,000-lb. wide track

Can anyone at least confirm that this is true? I will wait to get a 2014/15 if so as definitely want that new front axle if it truly is there. 2013 and before was only 16.6k from what I'm reading everywhere.
harleyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyman88 View Post
I'm new here, have been reading for a while, just decided to post as I can't find my answer. We are planning to purchase a Cornerstone in the next 12-18 months. I see that their new 2014 brochure shows a new front axle under the K3 chassis. But I can't find the 2014 K3 chassis spec sheet anywhere. Not even on the Spartan website. Has anyone seen it, can send it to me? I'm an engineer and the little things are very important to me, like extra weight carrying in the front. Here's what the online brochure from Entegra says it has on it now:

Reyco Granning front axle 20,000-lb. wide track

Can anyone at least confirm that this is true? I will wait to get a 2014/15 if so as definitely want that new front axle if it truly is there. 2013 and before was only 16.6k from what I'm reading everywhere.
First Welcome to iRV2.

Since a Cornerstone is an Entegra Product, you may want to ask the question in the Jayco Owners (Entegra Forum), and you, also find a lot of discussion and info their from Entegra customers.

I was at the factory and saw the new Cornerstones coming through production. I don't know the specific spec, but saw the new axle and front wheels. The front tires are significantly wider than the previous tires and wheels, and if I remember correctly, they said the axle weight was 20000 lbs. You can confirm by calling 800-945-4787, and ask for Entegra Customer Service Sales. They can confirm and answer any other questions you might have. They're a great bunch to talk to.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
And, by the way...it's a great choice and I'd be in one if I could have squirmed another $100K. It is, JMHO, a best buy at the price point and significantly higher level priced coaches.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #4

Hmm...........thanks for the response. I'm not exactly sure how this ended up in the Tiffin area. I thought I was in the Travel Supreme forum. I was, however, on my iPad at the time. so my bad. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. I'll move my question to the Jayco forum now.
harleyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote