Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #1

2015 Allegro Bus 37ap check engine light

I am on a cross country trip, driving in the high desert in California and the amber light shaped like an engine with the letters, MIL came on steady. I tried to find out what it means but there is nothing in the literature to explain it. I assume it means Malfunction Indicator Light. Can anyone give me a clue as to what causes this light to illuminate. Also does anyone know a reliable repair place for the Powerglide chassis in the San Diego area? Thanks... Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #2

I'd think a call to Tiffin would be the first step, if the light is still on.
To check exactly what the acronym stands for.
Not necessarily a Roadmaster chassis repair item, engine problems most often referred to the engine manufacturers repair facility. Cummins.
Tiffin would probably be the best for that info too.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #3

Hi Skip.. I meant to say the powerglide chassis (not roadmaster). I checked the cummins book... nothing. And the info provided by Tiffin.. nothing. I wonder if there is a way to read the code and look it up without having to find a repair facility? I'll call Tiffin in the morning. Thanks
Old 10-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #4

I don't believe that any of the newer coaches have a " flash count " way of reading the codes. You need to hook up code reader.
Many Pusher owners have gone with one of these.

ScanGaugeD - Advanced J1939 & J1708 compatible Vehicle Monitor for Diesel Pusher Vehicles : Linear Logic

SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc. | Knowledge is Horsepower

To read and erase codes when necessary.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #5

I figured out how to read the active codes using the utlity screen below the speedometer. The active code is as follows: ECM: SPN 3058 FMI 16. Does anyone know what that is?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #6

I didn't look because , I don't know your engine model . But here's a link that may help.

Cummins Codes - Fault codes by engine model.

This page may not help , because you have a 2015 engine , In the pages I looked at, I couldn't find a code # that high.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #7

Thanks.. my engine is the ISL9 450 hp. The link only lists codes below 3000 so must not be updated for the newer engines. Since it was after hours last night I contacted Coach-Net which is the after hours services listed in the Tiffin Chassis manual. They are looking for a Cummins shop near my location and they even offered me a tow (although I don't think I need a tow). He said the code referred to the EGR valve actuator and the Delta Pressure sensor. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #8

For emissions related codes you wouldn't require a tow , for sure.
The Cummins ECM, will do whatever it has to , in stages, to protect the engine, flash the light , stop engine light , engine protect mode and shut down. Hope you can get this issue dealt with soon.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #9

On my 2015 45LP bus I had an EGR error message right after we picked it up. Tiffin said that it was ok to drive. There is an issue with some of the EGR valve sensors.
Cummins will be the one to work on it. They may just up date the engine control software.
superiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #10

Took the coach to Cummins Pacific in El Cajon. They calibrated the EGR and updated the whole software package that controls the engine. Outstanding service at a well-organized shop. Mike and his crew did a great and fast job. 619-219-5054 if anyone needs their help in this area.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #11
KIX

Just a FYI. MIL = Malfunction Indicator Light. AS yo can see in the sig below our rig is an '02 and over the years I have been able to find a lot of info that helps diagnose problems. Regarding the MIL a common thread is that if the MIL is illuminated and NOT FLASHING the problem is not critical. Examples of not critical is a sensor that is not reporting or coolant is low, etc. When the MIL is illuminated and FLASHING it is advising of a critical issue that requires immediate attention. Hope this info will provide some knowledge.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
Have you checked your DEF level?
As it goes down so does engine performance until you fill your DEF tank

Ph.D. Psychology, Applied Sports Psychology

Tags
check engine light