RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 05:05 AM   #15

600 hp lists for an additional $82k.

Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 07:54 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
600 hp lists for an additional $82k.
Kathryn,
From what I understand the Cummins 600 hp is now being offered as an option but will come on a Freightliner Chassis. The upgrade will cost you around $60,000 to $80,000 more.

Sammie

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:06 PM   #17

Yes the 600 hp, Allison 4000 tranny & Freightliner Chassis has an MSRP of $82 K.

I have been told Tiffin wants to get the Powerglide certified for the 600 hp & 4000 tranny. I have no idea what that will do to the MSRP.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 PM   #18

The sticker on the 600hp Allegrobus at Lazydays was $512k including the 600 hp engine, which is indeed way more than the 450 hp Allegrobus. But at least it is still 100k lower than Cornerstone or London Aire. The base model 600 hp Allegrobus without further options is actually only $480k according to sticker.
univmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #19

That is very true however both the London Aire & Cornerstone are not true comparisons to the Bus but more so to the Zephyr , IMHO.

Of the 3 being discussed , again IMHO , the Cornerstone would be my choice just more then we would want to spend. The Bus 45OP floor plan is awesome and would sway us to purchase a Tiffin again at this time. However IF Entegra Anthem WERE to answer with a similiar floor plan the ANTHEM at the same price point as the Bus would win HANDS DOWN.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:14 AM   #20

Quote:
... However IF Entegra Anthem WERE to answer with a similiar floor plan the ANTHEM at the same price point as the Bus would win HANDS DOWN.
Why? What features ... ?

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:50 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
I know there are plenty of ways to spend your hard earned money, but after a month and a half in my new 45UP, I'd be really hard pressed to spend another $100K just to get a 600HP engine and a different chassis.

I'd have to admit that given the 45UP is our first motorhome (have had 5'ers for the past 6 years), I probably don't yet have full appreciation for the next level of engine/chassis.

On our inaugural trip, the Powerglide/450 took a 2 mile inclined grade at 70 on cruise and didn't skip a beat...I was really surprised at just how peppy this big bus is....On terrain that would bring my previous F450/5'er combo to a crawl, the Powerglide/450 blows right on by...

What I would like is for Tiffin to put 4K UHD TV's in, provide an iPad interface to all the multiplex wiring controls, add private GB ethernet network throughout the coach, improve the sound system, add a motorized generator bay and basement slides (like are on the Zephyr) and make a darn roof ladder standard on the 45UP....not much else I can find so far that I really want or need in these things...

So far, we be happy campers in our roughing it smoothly bus....
IRVDoU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #22

Kathryn,

In our opinion Entegra has better engineering/design Before the build and a BETTER construction process then Tiffin. Tiffin's are built on an assembly line timed process as are most RV's and we believe that forces workers to rush and make costly mistakes which we ultimately find and get corrected.
Don't misunderstand we like our current Allegro Bus and even though we have had the Big 3 and many other issues Tiffin has taken care of everything and we appreciate and respect them for that customer service.
We are getting closer to deciding on our next coach and if we were to decide today it would be a Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OP because of the floor plan BUT as stated before IF Entegra were to create an very similiar floor plan then it would be the Entegra Anthem based on the reasons above !

Just our honest opinion.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #23

Thx for the input!

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Kathryn,

In our opinion Entegra has better engineering/design Before the build and a BETTER construction process then Tiffin. Tiffin's are built on an assembly line timed process as are most RV's and we believe that forces workers to rush and make costly mistakes which we ultimately find and get corrected.
Don't misunderstand we like our current Allegro Bus and even though we have had the Big 3 and many other issues Tiffin has taken care of everything and we appreciate and respect them for that customer service.
We are getting closer to deciding on our next coach and if we were to decide today it would be a Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OP because of the floor plan BUT as stated before IF Entegra were to create an very similiar floor plan then it would be the Entegra Anthem based on the reasons above !

Just our honest opinion.
Having owned an Entegra and done lots of work on it I think if you saw what is behind all the pretty stuff it would change your mind. JMHO
Old 02-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #25

Zman62, Would really like to hear more details because the exact same can be said about every coach ( 5 ) we have ever owned ! The worse being a Winnebago Journey. The best behind the scenes was 2 Holiday Ramblers from back in the old HR days. Not being argumentative but it sounds like you had a bad experience, sorry about that but then as I said earlier we had many with our Tiffin Bus and it isn't pretty behind the scenes either
Old 02-05-2015, 07:03 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
The Cummins dealer gave us a "650 HP" plastic decal we stuck on the back of our 36 foot Monaco, and the coach seems to have more power. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Zman62, Would really like to hear more details because the exact same can be said about every coach ( 5 ) we have ever owned ! The worse being a Winnebago Journey. The best behind the scenes was 2 Holiday Ramblers from back in the old HR days. Not being argumentative but it sounds like you had a bad experience, sorry about that but then as I said earlier we had many with our Tiffin Bus and it isn't pretty behind the scenes either
I would say there are not many worse than entegra but Winnebago is for sure one of them. If you just take an objective look the thread titles in their forum it tells the story. Look at how many privately sold used ones are on the market is just another story. Where we winter our neighbors are dumping them and moving on.

They are cutting corners like I have never seen (had 11 coaches). Forum did a survey about water leaks, 50% of anthem owners have water leaks from rain. There are forum members that have had 18 shade motors replaced. WIring is like nothing I have seen. 1 lb modules not mounted just hanging from connectors. Air leaks,dump valves,cracked tiles,wiring issues,water leaks and on and on. They are a 5 year old company trying to make a name. This is why the 2 yr warr. We have had our Newmar for 5 months and zero issues. I have done many mods and everywhere i have been is nice a clean, wiring labeled and tied, air lines the same. Entegra does a good job promoting their name but that is about it. There warr dept is over loaded at the moment as the amount of coaches on the street grows. People are complaining left a right. They are currently training new people but I dont think it will solve the problem. Newmar and entegra are not even in the same leaque. I would look at other coaches .
Old 02-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #28

Zman62,

Thanks for the response. We have looked at Newmars so maybe we should look again ! Possibly a drive down to North Trail is in order.