RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2016 Phaeton - Night Driving

Wish I could get more / brighter visibility from headlights / highbeams . . . especially when I'm on roads with few street lights or other illumination (buildings, other cars, etc). Ideas? Thx!

JT-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
what kind of headlight bulbs does it use? If it has the standard (cheap) bulbs like the 9007 style, you may be able to replace with aftermarket LED. I did this on my pickup truck and it made a big difference.

I have bought from this place before https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...nversion-kits/

Also see this video from RV Geeks Converting RV Lights to LEDs – Part 10: RV Headlights! - TheRVgeeks

Enjoy

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't drive at night?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I changed to LED's on my MH. Quite a bit brighter and safer. I also changed out my fog lights to LED.

Good luck
Old 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
First make sure the lights are aimed properly hitting the road about 100' in front of you. Secondly, since you are sitting above the light beam and not behind it like in a car the lights can seem dimmer than what they are. Third, check the voltage applied at the headlamp to make sure you don't have a huge voltage drop. They should be within a half volt of the system with the engine running. A relay to provide a direct feed from a main power source can raise the voltage. I added relays (high and low beams) to our Itasca and it made a huge difference. Haven't seen a need for the Allegro RED or the Phaeton. Lastly, you can change out the bulbs for "brighter" ones but it won't be as great of a change as you think since the newer models have pretty bright lights to start with.
'12 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote