Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRichard View Post
Peter, you really, and I mean REALLY should consult with the resident tire expert over at TRVN. He goes by the moniker of Hobodandee and has a lifetime in the tire business. No sense trying to reinvent the wheel. Give him your weights and he'll tell you EXACTLY what pressures you'll need.
DW Thank You !
Earlier today I communicated to Dale . Below is our dialog, His response to my post lends creditability to my posts . Not you but a poster was way off base with a derogatory comment.

Best Regards !

Dan thanks for the input and wealth of knowledge.

My scenario 2017 Tiffin 32 SA Michelin 255/80 R 22.5 . I'm only able to get Axel weights from the Cat scale.

Calculated TP
Front : 8140/2 = 4070 X 1.05 = 4273 Michelin chart @ 4300 rx 80psi add 5psi = 85psi front I set tp 88psi

Rear : 13620/2 = 6810 x 1.05 = 7150.5 Michelin chart @ 7410 rx 75 psi add 5psi = 80 psi rear now set to 89psi

Note my tires came from the dealer at 94 psi and the ride was a bit harsh. After resetting to calculated TP with 85 F & R the coach exhibited more side to side lean but drove much better/ plush ride . I then went to 88F 89R and the side to side lean reduced , most likely due to sidewall flex.

What is your recommendation if the drivers seat of the pants impression feels as if the Tires feel soft when the TP is set to spec ?

Thank You

Your concerns are exactly why I don't recommend going below 75% of max pressure. On high cube vehicles like motorhomes you may feel a sway from the radial tires. If your ride and handling feel better at the higher pressures then you should leave them there. A few extra pound of pressure will not create any concerns.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Update on TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
AlinMaine,
OK I'm at 88 psi front and just under 90 rear, my ride is much better. At 94 psi it was a bit of a harsh ride on road seams.
What chassis mods do you have on your 32 SA in addition to the rear TB ?
As noted in my first post Factory sumo springs, rear TB and saft Tplus steering.
Just returned from 600 mile loop in Maine. Two lane, interstate, with a good share of tourist drivers creating havoc. 90 PSI all around seemed very good. Full load water going up; 1/2 black coming back as campground dump was full. 7.5mpg.

As for mods, CHF front and rear, steering stabilizer, Blue OX track bar, 5-star, and Banks intake. Other adds, front camera, kenwood apple play radio, office network, printer, NAS, for job.
ALinMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #31

Al thanks for your input. Odds are we are similar in weight and if not that tire pressure will support max load on the F R axel.

Tags
allegro, tire pressure