Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #1

2017 Allegro 32SA 1st 30 days defects

Following is a defects list for our new 2017 Allegro 32SA during the first 30 days of ownership. All defects have been repaired under warranty at the vendor's authorized service facility. Are 22 defects and a recall normal for this Tiffin model? Is this model road worthy or should I settle for only weekend type trips?
1. Front cap “Diamond Shield” coming unglued in bottom left corner. Repair: Removed section, cleaned surface and replaced 3M film.
2. Gap at top of the entry door allows water to enter the coach. Repair: Removed door and twisted to straighten. Replaced top seal which was too short.
3. Front drop down bed mattress missing. Repair: Provided mattress
4. BR closet right door limit strap broken. Repair: Replaced strap.
5. Water leaking intermittently from shower assembly. Repair: Tightened loose hot & cold water supply fittings at the shower valves and tested.
6. Living Room temperature indication erratic. Repair: Replaced temperature sensor and tested.
7. Living Room day-shade does not roll up. Repair: Adjusted day-shade stops and tested.
8. Bed Room wall panel loose. Repair: Stapled panel back in place and filled staple holes.
9. Living Room panel with thermostat loose. Repair: Stapled panel back in place and filled holes.
10. Wall panel in BR door frame is chipped and has discolored spots. Repair: Replaced panel.
11. Two floor tiles in BR show high spots. Repair: Removed floor tiles, cleaned debris from underneath and glued tiles back in place.
12. Kenwood Radio XM Radio Activation number not recognized by Sirius. Repair: Tested radio for sat reception. Radio displayed 'check antenna'. Replaced sat receiver box and antenna and tested.
13. Kenwood Radio USB port not available. Repair: Found USB cable was zip tied behind the radio. Cut zip ties and moved USB port cable to under the dash area.
14. Rear view camera dash monitor lens has stains on back side effecting visibility. Repair: Replaced camera monitor.
15. Rear compartment door closure has screw missing that was never installed. Repair: Installed 2 closure mounting screws and aligned the closure.
16. Hydraulic levelers not leveling coach after auto level was completed. Repair: Reset level on the coach.
17. Driver side slide-out has a chunk of sealant in it. Repair: Cleaned off mass of sealant with screws in it to prevent future damage to topper.
18. Shower outer frame leaks into hallway when in use. Repair: Cleaned sealant from inside shower door frame and replaced sealant.
19. Rainwater puddles up on inside of front P/S window. Repair: Pulled window rubber track and cut two small slits to help drain water out weep holes.
20. Bedroom sliding door top frame coming loose. Repair: Removed loose pocked door trim, nailed trim back in place and filled all nail holes.
21. Louvered inner face on cabinet above L/R TV is coming loose. Repair: Removed loose nails, nailed back in place and filled nail holes.
22. Compartment sewer hose port threaded cover was not provided. Repair: Installed compartment sewer hole cover.
23. Recall on faulty windshield wipers linkage. No action - parts not available.
Your comments would be appreciated.
joebasiglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2016, 06:08 AM   #2

I really don't see much here to be concerned with actually.

Many of the things are items that are just not going to be apparent, or simply need to be adjusted, once you actually using an RV. A few good jolts along the highway, going over uneven entrances to gas stations etc. are going to shake some things loose. Minor adjustments like your shower door are going to be part of ongoing ownership.

A couple seem to have been missed (or maybe even caused) during dealer prep and your walk through (sewer outlet cover for instance). As for th USB port, yep, mine was tie wrapped up under the dash too, that is just the way they do it, not a mistake or anything.

Our 31SA has not been perfect by any means, but everything has been addressed in reasonable and timely manner by our dealer and / or Tiffin. Nothing has any signifcant impact on our travels, which in a year and a half, is over 15,000 miles and approaching 8 months of travel, including 3 one month trips, and a 3 month 6300 mile trip.

Go out and enjoy it, expect a few chores to jump up here and there, just like owning a house, and don't let minor imperfections keep you from enjoyng your new RV.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #3

defects and adjustments

Just a part of any RV ownership. By no means is it an indication that these problems will continue. Having owned 3 pull trailers and a class A it is the norm. I am fortunate to be a jack of all trades and master of none as I have never had to return to dealerships to have any repairs done. Did all adjustments and parts replacing on my own. Tiffin does stand behind their products and can send you the parts required if you chose to do the repairs yourself. Saves on downtime and travelling back and forth to the dealer.
Happy trails
Old 11-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #4

Thank you both for putting things in perspective. I also thought that a more thorough dealer prep would have eliminated most of these problems.
joebasiglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #5

sorry your having so many problems. I've had better luck with used rv's than new ones. Dave
Old 11-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebasiglio View Post
Thank you both for putting things in perspective. I also thought that a more thorough dealer prep would have eliminated most of these problems.
One would have every reasonable right to think so, given the size of the investment, but it isn't so, in the RV industry. Unfortunately, in this business, it's a big CAVEAT EMPTOR - you pays your money, and you takes your chances.

The combination of poor training, 9-5 attitude (just get it done, right or wrong), and lack of attention to detail on the factory assembly line, combined with industry-standard cheap, plastic fittings and accessories in our motorhomes, goes straight to the likelihood of future owner headaches down the line. It is, what it is.
Racklefratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:17 AM   #7

Wow. Our 2015 32SA had none of these issues. The only things that needed fixing was the dining room table that had the coating delaminate and the Kwikee steps that failed a motor. Tiffin quickly sent me the parts and I replaced them myself. These problems were the fault of their suppliers, and not Tiffin. I must say that when we attended the Tiffin rally in Sarasota, FL last year, I had the technicians adjust a couple of things which were really minor. One was the "L" shaped sofa would not lock when retracted and a couple of pop rivets had to be replaced on the "arrowhead" on the corner of the LR slide.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I went over my 2016 31sa and had a list of items for the dealer, which were fixed on the spot. Your eye is muh better then mine. Come with me next time I look at a new Tiffin. Please!
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
2017 32SA at one month

Picked ours up a month ago.

1) Bathroom vent fan cover glued closed - trimmed excess Dicor, added some drain paths to prevent puddling Dicor ridge and vent.

2) Used a razor blade to properly trim some wall panel edges mainly bedroom area.

3) Main AC not really doing the job - any resource or ideas on how to check sensor or duct blockages would be appreciated.

4) Rt Frt hub cap left on ride home - dealer replaced no-charge.

5) Hood latch installed and operated poorly; removed and reinstalled.

6) Dealer did not remove plastic wrap at bottom of ladder - removed and watched several cups of water drained out.

7) Have a floor tile with high spot - techniques for remove and replace?

8) Exchanged dash charging usb with standard usb for Kenwood Appleplay model with Apple and std USB connections.

9) Added charging USBs/12v to Driver's armrest for GPS/phone; added USB Passenger's armrest and exchanged USB at bed for 12 volt socket for CPAP.

10) Completed CHF; steering stabilizer. Saving for Sumo's and maybe rear trackbar.

Please share you knowledge.
ALinMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:30 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I wonder how long it sat at the dealers with people going through it and test driving it. A good reason to order rather than buying off the lot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vaark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #11

We picked up our factory ordered 32SA, 2017 from the Dealer nine months ago (Sept)and while doing the PDI the wife noticed that part of the BR slideout gasket was twisted and the Dealer did not have a replacement part on hand, however it did not hamper the use of the slideout and the part was mailed to me and work done by an RV tech near where I live.

To date that has been about the only issue we have found after driving about 3600 miles on numerous short trips covering our period of ownership and spending at least 7 weeks actually living in it. Soon we will be heading out for a three month 7,000 mile adventure in our beast

I'm still looking for the usb cord for the Kenmore radio and I know everyone says it tied up under the dash, it seems I can't squeeze enough of me under there to find it.

I feel that the Dealer prep team should have caught many of those problems that Joe stated in his post before he took delivery. I feel fortunate to date that we have not been plagued with a host of problems, but I know this is a house on wheels and things will happen in time, probably when the warranty expires.
svend2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Just pop off the small dash cover above the radio - it is held by Velcro tabs at the corners - easy access.. The USB ports have quick tighten nuts on them, if you go to far they get loose again and you need to retighten. I ordered a non-charging USB off amazon and replaced the factory - but I replaced the radioa as well to have Apple Play using another Kenwood - it did require cutting and splicing the factory harness.
ALinMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #13

Thanks so much, I'm sure others will benefit from your input as well.
svend2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:20 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like most were dealer prep items. My dealer pre-set up our coach before we arrived and went through a checklist. We stayed for two days at the dealer in the coach, and had issues resolved before we drove away.
Unfortunately, most coaches have a list of issues when new. Tiffin and the dealers need to be a bit more vigilant.
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote