RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2017, 03:36 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2017 Phaeton LED Ceiling Lights

I have a 2017 Phaeton 40AH and over the last couple of months have been experiencing issues with the LED ceiling lights. First one of the lights will start flickering, gradually getting worse and will then eventually go dimmer. This can be very annoying as it is basically a strobe light for quite a while. This happens on multiple zones and at different stages of dimming. Tiffin has been great about sending replacement lights which fix the problem but I've replaced six so far and now have three more going out. Either there was a bad batch of light fixtures or maybe a power problem...? Just curious is this is limited to me or if others are having similar issues.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John

jgmontg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2017, 04:18 AM   #2

Just noted that one of my led lights in the bedroom has started flickering. Coach is going in next Tuesday so it will be on the list.
So it looks like I will have many more to look forward to, great....

2016 Grand Cherokee Summit
jagbuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:23 AM   #3

On my 2013 Phaeton 40QBH I had a light failure midway on left run in living room. Local tech found a bad wiring plug connector. He cut out and replaced wiring connector and problem solved.
Trans. Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #4

2014 Phaeton. I have replaced three LED "bulbs". The lights have multiple LEDs on each and just one of those going out is enough to require replacing the entire "bulb" ( what the heck do we call those)?)
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #5

We have a 2017 Phaeton 40AH and have 2 LED lights in the process of warranty replacement.
kbott100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
LED Ceiling Lights - Update

I spoke with a Tiffin electrician and he indicated that they did not know of any problems with the LED ceiling lights. He did say that they did had some issues a few years ago but attributed it to a bad batch of lights.

Parts is sending me more replacement lights which they have been great about. The part number for mine is 5045774 in their parts store and I've included a link below to their site.

They are a pretty easy swap to do. Just hoping I don't have to swap all of them....

Tiffin Parts Store Link
https://store.tiffinmotorhomes.com/z...m_gv_comp=home

Hope this helps,
John
Old 07-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmontg View Post
I have a 2017 Phaeton 40AH and over the last couple of months have been experiencing issues with the LED ceiling lights. First one of the lights will start flickering, gradually getting worse and will then eventually go dimmer. This can be very annoying as it is basically a strobe light for quite a while. This happens on multiple zones and at different stages of dimming. Tiffin has been great about sending replacement lights which fix the problem but I've replaced six so far and now have three more going out. Either there was a bad batch of light fixtures or maybe a power problem...? Just curious is this is limited to me or if others are having similar issues.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
John
John, I don't know if this is your issue, but Spyder has a known problem with some coach's lights flickering caused by the water heater. Since you are saying it is on multiple zones, it doesn't sound like bulbs. If you have an Aquahot system, this probably doesn't apply to you.
Here is a link to the Spyder schematics for the 2016 Phaetons (they haven't posted the 2017s yet) and the flicker fix. The user name is Tiffin and the pw is Motorhomes (plural).
Spyder Controls :: Tiffin Motorhomes
'12 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:12 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Our Phaeton will be one year old next week. We haven't had any problems with the LED lights. We have the Aqua Hot.
lakefront5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
LED Lights

Thanks for the information and link. I do have the aqua hot but will try whatever I need to.

Thanks again,
John
Old 07-31-2017, 01:05 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Update...

I received the replacement lights from Tiffin and have replaced more that were flickering or completely out. What worries me is that two of the ones that I replaced were ones that I had previously replaced... Voltage was measured on each location at 12.7 volts. I'm saving the bad ones now though so I can let Tiffin test them.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:33 PM   #11

2017 tiffin led ceiling lights

I have a 2017 tiffin Allegrobus 5 months old and I have replaced 9 bulbs so far! And I have 2 more flickering which happens before they go out. Tiffin has been great at sending new bulbs but I wonder if these bulbs are an issue!
Abusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:39 PM   #12

I have a 2016 Newmar Dutch Star, three months after purchase 36 light burnt out, Newmar sent me 57 light and told me to replace lights
1543Oakhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
I've now got three more that have started flickering. I plan to talk with the Tiffin folks tomorrow to see if they have any ideas. I'm getting worried that the ones they send me are also bad. I'll provide any updates as I find out more.

John

Tags
ceiling, led, light, lights