Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2017, 12:04 AM   #1

2018 Allegro 36LA - Bath Redesign

We are looking at getting a 36LA to fulltime soon. I have done all of my research on the 2017 models, but I see the new 2018's are now out. From what I can tell, the big changes are in the master bath. They changed the shower to a rectangular shape and they also have a separate washer/dryer option that covers the window. I also noticed the leather on chairs/sofa looks a little different. The leatherette on the 2017's was okay, but not very soft.

Has anyone seen a 2018 36LA? Can you describe the bathroom and other changes a bit more. Also, is it worth having the separate washer/dryer units or is the combo unit enough? I liked the look of the counter and window, but the wife thinks the separate washer/dryer units might be better.

Thanks,
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2017, 03:49 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2016 and like the bathroom better. There is a cabinet next to the shower there you can store towels etc. They removed it in 2018 for the bigger shower. Also didn't like the stacked washer/dryer.Gets rid of the window. We have the combo unit and when on the road we will do a load every couple days and it operates just fine. It is a vented unit so the clothes dry in no time.

We also found ours slightly used with 6k miles on it in like brand new condition and saved 70k off the new price. There are some really nice used ones out there and you can save a bundle. 70k does a lot of camping.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:35 AM   #3

We like the separate units because when washing multiple loads it is much faster.
Trans. Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:34 AM   #4

Ok, so here's what I've been able to find out thus far on my own research.

The 2018 36LA bathroom can come in two flavors. Standard appears to be a duplicate of the 36UA, which is the rectangular shower instead of the corner shower. The "linen closet " is to the back of the shower by the toilet, so it hasn't been replaced, just moved. The only option for washer and dryer is the stackable in the new configuration, and the window is removed. It looks like Tiffin is trying to standardize on the bathroom in those two models.

HOWEVER, if you still like the older design, you can apparently order the 2018 models special. You need to talk with Tiffin and your dealer as to availability and cost. The combo washer/dryer is only available on the older configuration. You will probably get the upgrade to the 10 gallon water heater as you did with earlier versions of the 36LA with washer/dryer, but it appears to be a special order with the stackable, if it can be ordered at all.

Driver and passenger chairs have been upgraded to the equivalent of the 2014 Phaeton. Ultra leather of higher quality is now an option. Same with Amber Glaze finish on cabinetry. New weathered wood floor tile option.

It also appears they have moved battery access to one of the back storage bays, which makes for easier servicing than under the stairs in previous models.

I think that is it, but call Tiffin direct (Danny Inman) to confirm.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:02 AM   #5

I would get the separate units if possible. They will be cheaper to repair if something breaks. Dave

Tags
allegro