Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #29

Get the Mopar Kit installed and you eliminate the risk of the death wobble
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2018, 06:01 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogdt47 View Post
Get the Mopar Kit installed and you eliminate the risk of the death wobble
That's my plan. Just waiting for the snow and ice to stop before getting the Trailhawk ready for towing. Got all the parts except the flat tow harness.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:15 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
After confirmation from Kori at Jeep that my 2018 Jeep Cherokee limited needed the wiring harness (service bulletin #08-010-17 Part #68321424AB) I went to the dealer and gave them this information. they looked up the part number and gave me the paperwork that stated this part was in development and would not be available until March 01-2018. Has anyone else heard of this. I am planning on contacting Kori again to confirm.

Kori emailed me and confirmed that this part is being re-developed.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1x1 View Post
After confirmation from Kori at Jeep that my 2018 Jeep Cherokee limited needed the wiring harness (service bulletin #08-010-17 Part #68321424AB)

Interesting comment on the Cherokee. If Jeep had the fix with the flat tow harness, why would they need to re design it?

The only thing that I can think of is that since the Grand Cherokee “wobble” has not been solved , Jeep may be combining the 2 models into a single solution.

Who is Kori?? I’d like to ask him about the GC fix.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hopefully the redesign will at least allow for the complete activation in the Cherokee cabin eliminating the need to open the hood to insert/remove the fuse.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:48 PM   #34

BobGen

I have the kit installed but no one said anything about a fuse. Have not used it yet as I just installed, today, the charger for the battery.

I guess my question is WHAT FUSE?

Bob W
rgwarren718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I asked Mopar parts and they sent me info on the trailer tow cable. That is the one used to tow a trailer! Not the one to flat tow the Jeep.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:14 AM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1x1 View Post
After confirmation from Kori at Jeep that my 2018 Jeep Cherokee limited needed the wiring harness (service bulletin #08-010-17 Part #68321424AB) I went to the dealer and gave them this information. they looked up the part number and gave me the paperwork that stated this part was in development and would not be available until March 01-2018. Has anyone else heard of this. I am planning on contacting Kori again to confirm.

I was told the same thing by my dealer parts department.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:20 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwarren718 View Post
BobGen

I have the kit installed but no one said anything about a fuse. Have not used it yet as I just installed, today, the charger for the battery.

Bob W
Bob where did you get your harness
Old 02-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
BobGen

Bob W
Did you receive any instructions with your harness.

The last step in preparing to tow should be to open the hood and insert the 10 amp fuse in the fuse holder.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #39

smd1x1

I had mine installed at the dealer I purchased the Cherokee from. They did not give me any written instruction. Just a verbale to turn the switch on in the console when I am flat towing.

BobGed

Is this a one time install of the fuse or do I need to remove it when I am not flat towing. If so I am wondering what the purpose of installing the switch in the center console is.
rgwarren718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
BobGed

Is this a one time install of the fuse or do I need to remove it when I am not flat towing. If so I am wondering what the purpose of installing the switch in the center console is.
The following is an excellent explanation of the process
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post

The Electronic Power Steering (EPS) is connected to the CAN bus of the vehicle in addition to getting power when the key is turned on.

The standard Flat Tow kit installs a DPST switch AND a CAN termination block in the console. Throwing the switch, disconnects the EPS from the CAN bus, but also leave it terminated with the proper 120 ohm termination.

There is also a relay which is installed under the hood, which is a SPDT, and simply disconnects the EPS from the ignition power bus, and connects it directly to 12V (this powers up the EPS to prevent the wobble). This relay is activated by installing a fuse.
As you can see the final step to activate the EPS is to install the fuse under the hood. It sounds like your dealer did not provide you with the complete instructions.

If the EPS is properly activated you will be able to easily turn the steering wheel. I don't see how that can happen without installing the fuse.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #41

Rather than having to open the hood and installing a fuse why not install one of these fuse holders and control it from inside. Easy to mount it in the dash.

I had one in my CRV to cut off power but I think that the inverse would apply. Anyone look into it?

https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wir...r/RM76511.html
Old 02-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Acquiring a flat tow wiring harness for a 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk update. Received a call today from Mopar Parts. The part number IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT. They have no idea why it's under development and are not sure if we can place the harness on order through Mopar Parts or from a local dealer. My local dealer still says wait until it's available after development before ordering. Could it be major changes in the wiring harness are coming???????? I sure hope so.