RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #1

2105 Allegro 34TGA Inverter

Typo'd the title. 2015 34TGA. Went and looked at the 34TGA today at the local stealership. I found the inverter in the front compartment drivers side but could not locate a remote control panel for it inside the coach. The inverter had a remote cable plugged into it. Anyone know if there is a control inside the coach and where it's located? The salesman was pretty knowledgable but didn't know the answer.

PbdBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 09:17 PM   #2

Never mind. I downloaded the owners manual and found that it turns on whenever there's no shore\gen power.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #3

Just curious, what model inverter do you have? In my coach, same model but two years older, Tiffin provided a TripLite RV750. It has a remote on/off switch located in the front Passenger side cabinet where my tank monitor and slide controller are.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_G View Post
Just curious, what model inverter do you have? In my coach, same model but two years older, Tiffin provided a TripLite RV750. It has a remote on/off switch located in the front Passenger side cabinet where my tank monitor and slide controller are.
I haven't purchased yet just looking at units on the lot. On the 2015 there is no seperate switch for the inverter. Which brings up another subject. What year did they start installing the Spyder control for all of the 12 volt electrics? What has been the experience with it? Problems?
Old 01-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #5

My 2013 has analog controls, ( for which I am thankful ). 2014 models I looked at had the new integrated control systems for lights, fans, etc. don't recall what Tiffin did for remote on/off of the inverter.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
Never mind. I downloaded the owners manual and found that it turns on whenever there's no shore\gen power.

An after thought on this: If there is no remote ON/OFF switch, How would one turn the Inverter OFF when you don't want it running? Sounds inconvenient to expect an owner to open a bay and turn off the inverter directly every time he doesn't want it on......
Old 01-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You turn off the 12V switch by the door to turn off the inverter (and everything else 12V). Makes sense when you think through it - when I need to shut everything down on my Phaeton I have to turn off multiple pieces of equipment.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #8

If I end up buying this coach I'm going to add the remote control panel. You can buy it on Amazon for ~$100. Then you will be able to control it from inside the coach without shutting down everything.

Amazon.com: Tripp Lite APSRM4 Remote Control for Inverter / Charger APS / PV models w/ RJ45: Electronics
Old 01-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #9

I have a residential refrigerator and I never shut it off. when plugged into shore power it just transfers the power through and when no 120 volt power externally, generator or campground, the inverter powers the refrigerator. I do turn it off when storing for the winter.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:36 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Considering the limited functions of that remote, I'd probably choose not to get it. I really never turn my inverter off unless I plan to store the coach for a few days. And if you are going to store your coach, you are going to turn the 12V switch off.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #11

On the other hand, I do boondock, and we don't have a residential refrigerator, so I appreciate the ability to turn my inverter off inside the RV when not needed. ( it does draw current even when not powering any AC devices). In the case of the 2013 Allegro, the TripLite remote On/Off is a simple toggle switch rather than the currently available fancy switch assy that costs $100.

Tags
inverter