Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
32 SA leveling question?

We have a "new to us" 2015 32sa. We are new to RVing having never owned a motor home. Ours has HWH computer-controlled 725 series leveling system. When we had our walk through they showed us how to level while we were in the garage on a cement floor. Now we are camping. we have been on one cement pad but mostly gravel and dirt spots. On several occasions we can't get the MH to level. It indicates extreme slope. Can we extend our slides under these circumstances? We tried to manually level but still same result. Is it ok to put three yellow pads under leveling jacks? Sorry for dumb questions. Appreciate any help or advise!
daturner55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #2

Leveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by daturner55 View Post
We have a "new to us" 2015 32sa. We are new to RVing having never owned a motor home. Ours has HWH computer-controlled 725 series leveling system. When we had our walk through they showed us how to level while we were in the garage on a cement floor. Now we are camping. we have been on one cement pad but mostly gravel and dirt spots. On several occasions we can't get the MH to level. It indicates extreme slope. Can we extend our slides under these circumstances? We tried to manually level but still same result. Is it ok to put three yellow pads under leveling jacks? Sorry for dumb questions. Appreciate any help or advise!
You should call HwH and ask them to be sure. If you try to put out the slides and the MH isn't level you could pop a windshield or crack it or put the slide in a bind.

I know cause when I first got my class a I did it. Mine has HwH manual levelers. I forgot to let the air out of the airbags before putting the levelers down then put out the slide.

The slide went out ok but wouldn't come back in. I had put it in a bind on the fiberglass guide bar that directs it back in. Once I let the air out of the bags, releveled the MH, then the slide came back in with no problem.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #3

sometimes you have to put plastic pads or blocks of wood under some of the jacks depending on the lot or sometimes you will have to move some to get the jacks into a better position. Dave
Old 03-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #4

We all have experienced newbie situations like this and sometimes I feel like that even after years of RVing. No worries, that the benefits of these forums. Assuming the leveling system is working correctly, I would be very concerned and heed the "Extreme Slope" warning to find better sites. Seeing pics of your situation would help a lot. If the site seems fairly level, then call HWH tech support, they are very good. The risk of not getting reasonably level can impacts your slide operation. Raising the jacks on blocks can raise your tires off the ground, which I personally don't do, unless I can get the tires supported too.
The Tiffin owner forum is also a great site. Good luck.
Rpwainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
If a site is not level but not real bad I try to pull up on the 2x12 ramps I made. I prefer to have the front lower and pull it up on the 2x12s. If it is one side of the back then both of the dual wheels are put on blocks. Which ever corner I pull up on blocks I put the same amount of blocks under that corners jack.

I don't think I would stay on a site that caused the leveling system to display "extreme slope' unless I could use the ramps to compensate for the slope.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:11 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks everybody for your response and help. We are learning a great deal from people like you who are willing to help.
Safe travels.
daturner55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
Commercial Member

daturner55, please feel free to call me anytime. i can help with a lot of your questions and problems with the hwh system. i work full time for hwh corp. i live in arizona, and most of my job is training mfg, and dealers in installation and service. i also try to take care of all our problem children, you know, the ones that have had a lot of attempts to fix the problem without success. i dont want anyone left behind
my cell is 1-602-549-3638 my email is pfmaddox@att.net
both are on all the time. weekends included.
paul f maddox
paulden az
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Our 2016 32sa had the same problem. Definitley recommond NOT putting out slides w/o being level. Our levelers said excessive slope even on flat concrete. Red Bay ended up taking it for a week and had to fix some welds and recalibrate the levelers. Fixed both of our slides that quit working also. I guess its a common problem and maybe your local dealer can recalibrate them first to see of that helps.
Good luck👍
Old 03-29-2017, 03:26 PM   #9

Quote:
I guess its a common problem and maybe your local dealer can recalibrate them first to see of that helps.
Johnny, What are you basing this on. I am a member of many forums and this is the first time I have heard of this.
For information purposes, if you look in the compartment just about under the drivers seat you will see the adjustment for the level. It has four screws that turn in and out to adjust for level. A good level and a screwdriver is all you need.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Im just going by what the dealer and redbay told me. That its common to have to recalibrate the auto levelers. If its that easy to do , thatll save me a trip. Thanks

Tags
leveling