Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #1

32SA 2017 batteries

Need to install 4 more batteries I have 4 now looking for info to add 4 more thanks for Info
Glanjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #2

why do you need 4 more batteries? do you have room to install them?
Old 12-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Why do you think you need more batteries? Your four will run everything overnight or until quiet hours end and you can start your generator.

If you are going to add four more, you are going to have to reinforce a storage bay and use a vented storage box to securely and safely mount four more.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #4

That's a lot of additional weight for you to carry. Watch your Cargo Carrying Capacity. Also if you are towing a Toad, check your combination weight.

Kevin & Donna
2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Calgary, Alberta
Good Sam Life Member
walkerkb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
250 lbs is gonna over gross the RV? Are you kidding? The issues is why does the OP think they need more batteries? Especially when Tiffin designed it for 4 batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerkb2 View Post
That's a lot of additional weight for you to carry. Watch your Cargo Carrying Capacity. Also if you are towing a Toad, check your combination weight.

Kevin & Donna
2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Calgary, Alberta
Good Sam Life Member
Old 12-13-2016, 12:50 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glanjar View Post
Need to install 4 more batteries I have 4 now looking for info to add 4 more thanks for Info
Assuming you have four GC2 sized batteries now. Instead of additional batteries do you have the height available to fit L16 batteries?

On a previous coach I had the original pair of 6v batteries plus an added pair in a battery box in a storage compartment on the opposite side if the coach. Connected to original pair via heavy cables.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #7

Guys he/she probably wants more for dry camping. He is probably going to add solar.

Why is that so hard to figure out? No need to lambast the OP. Not cool guys.

I too plan to add more batteries for boon-docking. I might just go lithium instead. I want at least 800amp hours. Recharge during the day with my 600 whats or solar.

I want to run the gen as little as possible. I don't like the sound or the stink.

I want to hear nature.

Glanjar you can easily add 2 more 6v's in the front under the bonnet. It's been done many times before. Maybe consider AGM as well.
harbortime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #8

Newbie here....spent 13 yr on a sailboat...anchored out.."dry camping"...had 640 AH @ 24 v Had to run genst 3-4 hr a day to keep batt up....sucked...now have 40' Allegro bus...just installed 600 W solar and 600 AH Lithium.. Will see if I have the right setup to "anchor out" 1 st night on battery saw the house bank drop from 13.35 to 13.21...even made coffee,,,Lead/acid is a dead issue.....there will be no lead/acid batteries in 10 yrs..My 600ah lithium are in 2 8D cases weight about 70 lbs each...if as advertised...will get 2000 cycles @ 80%......4000 cycles @70% Go play with our lead
CaptPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #9

Quote:
What specific information are you looking for? If you go with a full set of your existing batteries, that tells you the size and weight you need to deal with. Do you want to enlarge the battery box, maybe convert nearby storage to a battery box, or maybe to the other side of the coach? Looking for wiring information? I'm not familiar with your specific chassis, so are you running 12V or 6V batteries? -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #10

House Batteries

I have 4 new house batteries that were allowed to go completely dead while the coach was having some repairs. The repair facility says this is no problem and they simply need to be recharged. Will this cause any long term damage to the batteries or shorten their life?
Travelin Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin Bob View Post
I have 4 new house batteries that were allowed to go completely dead while the coach was having some repairs. The repair facility says this is no problem and they simply need to be recharged. Will this cause any long term damage to the batteries or shorten their life?
It depends some on the specific batteries, but it is as likely as not that they are now substantially damaged. There are some special chargers that are designed to help recover batteries like this, but "conventional chargers" will most likely not work.

What type of batteries? It might help to visit the battery company web site and see what they say about similar situations.
harryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #12

Quote:
I looked at the Tiffiin 32SA brochure, it only shows 2 each, 6 volt batteries, which doesn't sound like much for a large, nice rig like this.

Either way, for a new, premium rig, I would get a LiFe battery pack, much lighter, smaller and faster to charge.
harryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryn View Post
I looked at the Tiffiin 32SA brochure, it only shows 2 each, 6 volt batteries, which doesn't sound like much for a large, nice rig like this.
FYI, most of these units are sold with a residential refrigerator - the option gets you 4 batteries.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries