RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2018, 11:26 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
34PA TV Location

Has anyone moved the TV in the 34PA to a position across from the sofa? It seems like it would be a major retiring job, but it seems to be in a very awkward position. One would kill one's neck trying to watch it from the sofa.

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Where would you mount it? Over the dinette/computer work station? The only wall you have is where it is mounted now. Why not lay down on the couch, with your head towards the front of the coach and watch TV? Or get the 32 or 36 ft models - they all mount the TV on an angle across from the couch.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
34pa tv

Well the 32 SA is my first choice and price going up as it is may make that decision for me when I am ready. The last time I went to look, the dealer only had the 34PA, which I was not familiar with. I have heard others remark on the position of the TV so I thought I would ask. I must not be the only one who like to sit on the couch (rather recliners which will replace the couch) and watch TV without twisting my neck.

So yes over the dinette would be more logical in my mind.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:54 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I am not familar with the layout of a 34 pa but on our 35QBA I mounted a 32 inch flat screen under the cabinet directly across from the sofa. All the connections I needed were in the cabinet over the passenger seat so I just ran the cables inside the cabinets to the TV.

Since then I replaced the sofa with two lounge chairs and we are more comfortable watching TV in the coach than at home.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #5

We have friends with a 40AP Allegro Bus (think size “Large” 34AP) and when they ordered it I didn’t get it.

We spent time “camping” with them in the fall (and watching some football) a couple years ago, and I got it...... the drivers / passenger seats swiveled around are your lounge chairs and you can lay on the couch and not twist your neck. Sitting at the dinette the rear facing seat is again a great viewing angle to the main TV while you will want the over head front TV to watch from the other dinette seat.

The 34AP was not yet available (it was the “replacment” for the 34TGA) when we ordered our coach, if it was and I had not spent time in our friends coach I doubt we would have considered it any more than we did than the TGA at the time......

Or you get a 31/32SA or 36LA if you really do prefer a TV across from the couch. We’ve really enjoyed our 31SA now with almost 4 years, 33,000 miles and around 20 months of travel in it, with trips as long as 3 months at a time.

Having a TV over the dining table is simply a “no go” for us......

Good luck, any of them are great coaches and you’ll be happy with any of them.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Has anyone moved the TV in the 34PA to a position across from the sofa? It seems like it would be a major retiring job, but it seems to be in a very awkward position. One would kill one's neck trying to watch it from the sofa.
I went on the Tiffin web site and looked at the interior of the 34PA. I think it would be very doable to mount a TV over the table where the two center cabinet doors are located. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the outside shops at Red Bay wouldn't do it for you.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for your responses. The learning never stops. I always appreciate input from those who are more experienced.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #8
KJR

We are thinking of ordering a 34PA. We sat on the couch and it’s really not that uncomfortable to watch from the coach but we are not heavy TV viewers. Also you ac use the drivers and passenger seats. The ther is the overhead cockpit TV. I assume the TV sound comes over the speakers and not the TV speakers. Can some comment on TV sound source? Worse case if is TV sound I’ll install a Bose Solo 5 on the shelf under the TV.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
We are thinking of ordering a 34PA. We sat on the couch and it’s really not that uncomfortable to watch from the coach but we are not heavy TV viewers. Also you ac use the drivers and passenger seats. The ther is the overhead cockpit TV. I assume the TV sound comes over the speakers and not the TV speakers. Can some comment on TV sound source? Worse case if is TV sound I’ll install a Bose Solo 5 on the shelf under the TV.
Your main (mid ship) TV will be set up through the optical out port to have the audio go through the DVD/Surround Amp, and the surround speakers. If you want to have both TVs turned on in the living area, just turn the volume down on one of them (you can’t have both on, as there is just enough delay to create an echo); most of the time we’ll use the surround in that case and turn the volume all the way down or mute the front overhead TV.

Regards

Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote