RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
34PA Washer/Dryer install

Has anyone added a washer/dryer stack on a 34PA that wasn't fitted when ordered? We bought second hand but with assurance we could add it later.

It's later. I see the plumbing for the w/d dryer stubbed out. The w/d closet is stripped and ready to hold it. I don't see a circuit for the w/d even tho there is a breaker labeled 'washer/dryer'.

Hoping (while I wait til Monday to call RB tech support) there was someone with first hand knowledge of where to look to find the point of connection for the electrical. The only access I see is in bottom back of sink cabinet but there's no convenient spare wire marked w/d.

tarheel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Just in case someone comes looking and finds this, I can report that I found the w/d electrical circuit plug (labeled WASHER ) on the floor under the sink cabinet bottom panel. Remove the 3 screws to the cabinet bottom and lift.

All-in-all it took 4 calls over 2 weeks to tech service line. First 3 calls produced nada. The 3rd call even directed me to call a vendor who used to be a tech at Tiffin service center. The former employee offered a guess but it was not fruitful. Today (4th call) another tech asked around the room and no one knew for sure but he did add near the end that he might look under the sink cabinet floor. BINGO!

Appears we had everything necessary from the factory on our 34PA, to add a stack w/d tomorrow as planned.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
It's in there under the basin cabinet shelf. It has one of those plastic connectors Tiffin uses to attach outlets and it is clearly labeled. Just give a tug on it cause it's tucked in there tight. Did yours have the hepvo drain all set up like mine?
Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Correct on both counts! Wish I had the female side plug to work with tomorrow but will make do without.

Tags
install