RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #1

36la ccc

We are looking at purchasing a 36LA, I realize every coach is different based on options, but what amount of CCC are we looking at on this unit?

Thanks

Sevierville, TN
Phil Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Grey View Post
We are looking at purchasing a 36LA, I realize every coach is different based on options, but what amount of CCC are we looking at on this unit?
Thanks
Phil
Why not simply ask Tiffin?
Contact | Tiffin Motorhomes
Mel
'96 Safari

mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #3

I don't think the CCC is that critical, even if you could fill up all the basement storage and the cabinets in the coach with normal household items it still wouldn't be over loaded. I guess if 6 or 8 adults were traveling together maybe it would be something to think about. You probably should be more concerned about the Toad your using and your towing equipment. Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #4

Mel, I did ask sales dept at Tiffin this past Monday when we visited Red Bay, but thought current owners could look at their unit's actual weight information for real input. Tiffin estimates about 1750 lbs.

Thanks,

Phil

Sevierville, TN
Phil Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Grey View Post
Mel, I did ask sales dept at Tiffin this past Monday when we visited Red Bay, but thought current owners could look at their unit's actual weight information for real input. Tiffin estimates about 1750 lbs.

Thanks,

Phil
Phil, this is my experience before I added the washer/dryer combo:
Front Axle 7900
Rear Axle 14600
Total 22500
These were actual weights with me, 1/2 tank water, full fuel, and everything loaded for camping. I am not a full timer.
The GVWR is 24000, so I could load another 1500 less what I already loaded with the washer/dryer.
I think the rear axle is rated for 15000 and the front for 9000 so you have to be careful where the additional weight goes. I am probably close on the rear axle with the addition of the W/D which went totally on the rear. There is a lot of storage, so without good management you could overload an axle. The tires have more than enough capacity for the axles, with a generous cushion, so they are not the limiting factor.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
New 36LA

We have our 36LA for 3 weeks and there is plenty of storage, i keep telling myself to get rid of items we are hauling around just to have them. we looked athe the Bounder of the same floor plan, but this just came out better. longer wheel base , stronger frame, larger generator, quiet A/C system, plus many more diffewrences, if you can order it with the Sumo Springs on susension.
Tim.
timmy g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #7

I've looked at a few 36LAs on the lots and the CCC has ranged from roughly 2500 to just under 3000. Probably due to the different amount of TVs, the upgraded counters/backsplash and the washer dryer (which is about 150 lbs).

Should be plenty - but the note on the rear axle is very true. Everyone I've talked to says the rear is close already, so you have to store more near the front. Of course, with most of the storage bays between the two axles, that is challenging!

Tiffin could have really helped out by moving the generator and propane tanks toward the front of the coach. All in all, after looking at a lot of floorplans recently, the CCC is very decent for a gas unit.
edit4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
My 36 LA ccc was listed at 1931 #. I had it weighed with full tank of fuel, 1/2 water tank, some level in both black & grey tanks, full propane, all gear, food, DW & I in the MH. The total weight was 23,020#, 7920# front 15,100# rear. Axle capacities are 9000# front and 15,500# rear (capacities per ford sticker on door). I have all options available in the 36LA including 4 TVs, washer/dryer, satellite, celling fan, etc... even added a small outside refrigerator. Bottom line fully loaded I have 980# CCC remaining, 400# rear and about 1000# front, although total weight would be the limit before front axle is fully loaded.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtsr View Post
Bottom line fully loaded I have 980# CCC remaining, 400# rear and about 1000# front, although total weight would be the limit before front axle is fully loaded.
curtsr
??
Were I come from 400# + 1000# = 1400#, (NOT 980#).
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
curtsr
??
Were I come from 400# + 1000# = 1400#, (NOT 980#).
You are correct with your calculation and looking at the Ford sticker adding up each axle you would come up with a GVWR of 24500# however Ford only rates the GVWR at 24000#, therefore you have to use the 23,020# total as the limit... 24,000 - 23020 = 980# if my math is correct...

curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote