Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #15

Thanks so much to Merricurl and LORIDER. Great to hear from actual owners. I have a couple more questions for you.

1. Do you have the 26K or 24K chassis? Upgrading to the 26K has been highly recommended by my dealer.

2. We are going to order the coach with the combo washer/dryer option. That eliminates the stack in the bath and gives you so much more counter space and a window. What do you have?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #16

Our unit is set up for the combo washer/dryer but we did not install it. Greg did not think we needed it because we usually stay where a laundry facility is provided for. I like having the cabinet for additional towels.

I don’t know the answer to your other question and our unit is at storage right know. When we go to pick it up I will check for you.

We did find out that the motor went out on our hydraulic pump so they have ordered a new one. Tiffin service center was so good to us they provided a contact who was able to send someone out to us.

The service tech from Tiffin told me they should be our first contact with any issues with the motorhome because they can put us with the right people to get it taken care of. We call our dealer service department and they were not as helpful as they should have been. Going forward they will be our first contact!
Merricurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to albawsadv
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
First I would like to say how much I appreciate this forum and the level of knowledge here. Nothing better than having the opportunity to hear first hand owner experiences.

We have been shopping several months for a Class A bunkhouse model. In looking at all the options, I am convinced the Tiffin Allegro's are the best value for the money. I am fortunate to be located a couple hours drive to Red Bay (we took the tour) and have been getting quotes from the three dealers that seem to provide aggressive pricing on ordering (Ingram, Sherman, Davis). Pricing on ordering a new 2018 is better that what I have found on leftover 2017's on the lot and even most low mileage private units for sale. I would love to have a DP but just not within my budget to get the same amenities you get with the 36UA.

That being said, I was hoping to get some 36UA owner experiences on their coach and have a few specific questions.

1. Being the largest coach in the Tiffin gas line, I am somewhat concerned over the ability of the V10 to adequately provide power. I have driven the 36UA and the smaller units but the longer wheelbase provides a much better ride and to get the king bed, bunks and 1/2 bath, that is where you are. We will occasionally tow a small enclosed trailer with a motorcycle or a CR-V. I have reasonable expectations, but what is your first hand opinion of the power? I have been advised by all salespeople to order the 26K chassis upgrade.

2. We love the floor plan, particularly the direct line viewing of the TV from the sofa (we have been surprised at how many floor plans have the TV off to the side). The only negative we have seen is the tight quarters when the slides are closed. You can access the 1/2 bath. The full wall slide is amazing at how much it opens up the coach. Are we missing any negatives to consider?

3. They do not provide TV's in the bunk area, but do have an electrical plug in the wall on each bunk. I plan to purchase two 19" tv/dvd units to mount on that wall. Appears to be a single stud in the center. The central electronics are on the opposite side of that wall in the Master, so should not be too hard to provide cable to each bunk. Anyone worked that issue?

4. We plan to not order the oven in order to get the extra storage. Just the convection microwave. Are you happy with its performance?

5. We plan to not order the drop down bunk. Really don't need it for sleeping and your lose a lot of headroom and storage in the cab.

6. We are considering at least a one color paint change on the exterior paint scheme. Can be done at Red Bay during the build for a reasonable price. A little concerned over potential delays or quality issues by doing this. Anyone have experience with custom paint changes?

I feel like I have done my homework but realize we need to have reasonable expectations related to build quality, and at a minimum, small things will happen and need to be addressed. We are really excited to start the RVing experience.

Thanks so much for your time and advice.
Our 36LA performs great with the Ford V10. I too was concerned about the amount of power. We run up a steep grade on 1-77 in northern NC. We have no problem passing trucks and other diesel Motorhomes. I am happy with the power.

We ordered the oven. Glad we did. Microwave worked fine but the convection oven would not heat. Called Bob Tiffin and he sent a replacement. Not the easiest thing to change out. After installing the new oven, it had an issue as well. The convection fan was hitting something then eventually quit after a few minutes. We use the regular oven in the coach.

The floor plan in the 36LA with the TV/Fireplace in direct sight from the couch was a huge reason we purchased the coach. You are right, there are a lot of floor plans where you have to strain your neck in order to watch TV.
albawsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:57 PM   #18

I was considering a 36ua till I noted the lack of counter space in the kitchen . Looks like a foot less than what we have which ain’t much. Definitely not in the future plans from my 36 LA.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:14 AM   #19

Yea, wish it had more counter space, but to get the king bed on that side of the coach they had to make up the difference in the kitchen. For us, the height of the refrigerator in the LA, because of the furnace vent underneath, was too much.

Everything is a trade off, can't get but so much stuff in there!
stray is offline   Reply With Quote