Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #1

50 inch picture window in the bedroom.

Idea, at less than 2 inches thick, mount a 50 inch flat panel on the bedroom wall. Then use the rear camera feed to feed the 50 inch panel.

That would give you a rear picture window, with nobody seeing in. You could walk around naked in the bedroom. With a 50 inch feed streaming in.

Trim it out just like a window.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Since a back up camera is usually angled slightly downward so one can keep an eye on the toad while traveling, I'm not sure a 50" picture of the ground behind my coach is what I'm looking for.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #3

Very good point Lori, The pitch of the rear camera would have to be adjustable with a better camera. Either way, the monitor would display 6 feet off the ground, while the camera would display 12 feet off the ground.Trying to marry the expectation, pretty close.

If the brightness of the display can match what is viewed in real time. We may be onto something. The display brightens and darkens just like the sunrise & sunset.

That way the display, matches the windows, in both brightness, and darkness.

Traditionally the camera's have been used for security and driving. What if the camera/display, could go from pitch black to a sunrise in brightness over real time.

That would be one nice thing to wake up too, or go to sleep too.

The idea basically mirrors that giant windshield, with the same thing in the rear with a giant display monitor. But provides privacy for the sleeping quarters.

It may be trimmed in with wood trim, but no need for curtains.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like my back wall rear window. Always there, always on. Shades if need be. Main reason we went gas and not diesel.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Larson View Post
I like my back wall rear window. Always there, always on. Shades if need be. Main reason we went gas and not diesel.
Spoiled,, don't have that luxury in an LA, do have a big wall tho. Maybe get a Samsung 360 camera and put it up on the roof. Could wake up, scan all the way around and see what is new the morning.

Before coffee.

Was in Costco today, a 65 inch Samsung is less than 2 inches thick.

Tags
window