RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
99 Tiffin Allegro Bay, the blower is squealing.

I have removed the unit from the coach and I am trying to find a link that will show how to disassemble the unit to replace the motor I think this is the part that is making the noise as it sounds like a bearing squeal and they are sealed. Any help in finding instructions would be great.

Hunter 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club

What is the blower out of dash, A/C, Heater make and model would be helpful so we here can help.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Heater

It is the heater/blower for the living area. It is amodel SF 35 Suburban unit. When I turn the unit on it has a terrible squeal, if I bump the unit with my hand the noise stops for a second. Tried WD40 and it stops the noise for maybe 30 minuets then it returns that is why I think it maybe a bearing in the sealed motor, not sure how to remove the motor from the blowers. The motor sits between the combustion blower wheel and the blower for the living area.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had the exact same issue with my furnace blower. Replacing the motor is the only permanent fix. There was a fair amount of dismantling involved but nothing extreme. I don't recall the precise procedure but mainly you need to pull the furnace assembly from the coach and then a few sheet metal pieces need to be removed to get to the motor. The blower fans are held in place with set screws so you'll need some small allen wrenches.
Best of luck!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Blower noise

Nick, thanks for the infomation, I am going to tackle it this week, will post results when done.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
heater motor noise

Ok, got unit out, got it apart and have ordered new motor, now I hope I can put it back together. I made lots of digital pictures as I took it apart so should be able to put it back together although some of the sheet metal screws are going to be a challenge to get them back in
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Those cameras are a life saver at times !!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for all the ideas and tips I got new motor, installed today and then reinstalled unit into motor home and all is well. I made digital pics as I uninstalled unit so I had a good reference for assembly and reinstall. All is good.

Hunter 45
36 ft Allegro Bay 1999

Tags
tiffin