Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
A Couple 2014 36LA Questions -

Couple questions on my recently purchased 2014 Allegro 36LA -

1) Mine came equipped with the Garmin navigation system integrated with the Kenwood radio. In the manual, it references a remote control for the system - but I did not get one with my delivery. Did anyone else get one with theirs or is it just not included?

2) I'm having trouble with the ice maker in my fridge - it's the double-door electric/propane model (Dometic). The first time I tried using it, water ran all over the floor underneath. So - took it to the dealer who said it was a loose hose. Second time out, less water but still pools on the floor. Any ideas on another possible cause?

Thanks!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #2

Check that the defrost drain hose is terminated outside of the ventilation cover. Mine was not and took me a couple of weeks to find this out.
Will be a corrugated cheap plastic hose that you should see outside of vent cover on exterior. Water only showed up during defrost cycles.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVdus View Post
Couple questions on my recently purchased 2014 Allegro 36LA -

1) Mine came equipped with the Garmin navigation system integrated with the Kenwood radio. In the manual, it references a remote control for the system - but I did not get one with my delivery. Did anyone else get one with theirs or is it just not included?
The remote is an option and not included. Price is approximately $20 and can be ordered directly from Kenwood however, poke around in Amazon for a slightly lower price.

I have the RR (Whirlpool) in our 2014 36LA which has an ice maker installed. When I de-winterized this year water gushed out from under the cabinets. I traced it back to the solenoid on the back of the frig. Apparently the crew doing the winterizing forgot to drain/blow out the water from that line. Frozen water cracked the plastic fitting on the solenoid. If yours does not have the ice capability then it indeed sounds like condensation.

Good luck
Old 05-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the info! The drain plug for the fridge does extend outside the vent - so will keep looking for the source -
Old 06-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #5

My 36LA came with the remote in the package
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lucky You. Mine didn't. Had remotes for everything else. Fills a drawer.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
My 36LA nor did my Phaeton come with the remote for the radio..Order one from Kenwood....On the 36 La I had the same problem with the Ice Maker. It leak only when I went to make Ice. I told them about it when I trade it in. I really don't know what the fix was on it....Wish I could help on that one.
jjensen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Remote City

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehardman View Post
Lucky You. Mine didn't. Had remotes for everything else. Fills a drawer.
We had that same drawer full of remotes and we even added a few to the mix. My wife kept picking up the wrong remote so I decided to make it a little easier for her. That cabinet above the main TV really has no purpose so I put two 1"x1" Velcro tabs on the back each remote, one on top and one towards the bottom. I then stuck them in place to the back panel in the cabinet and used a label maker to remind her which one is for what device. The Lasko oscillating heaters are fantastic for the Fall and early Spring just to take the chill off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	64619

Now she is a happy camper and I'm happy because I don't have to hear how much she hates all the different remotes. I imagine Bob Tiffin will eventually put a universal remote in to eliminate the plethora of remotes.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijbs View Post
We had that same drawer full of remotes and we even added a few to the mix. My wife kept picking up the wrong remote so I decided to make it a little easier for her. That cabinet above the main TV really has no purpose so I put two 1"x1" Velcro tabs on the back each remote, one on top and one towards the bottom. I then stuck them in place to the back panel in the cabinet and used a label maker to remind her which one is for what device. The Lasko oscillating heaters are fantastic for the Fall and early Spring just to take the chill off.

Attachment 64619

Now she is a happy camper and I'm happy because I don't have to hear how much she hates all the different remotes. I imagine Bob Tiffin will eventually put a universal remote in to eliminate the plethora of remotes.

You better find a new place to hide the money bag
cj23andout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:41 AM   #10
KJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijbs View Post
Attachment 64619

Neat idea. I showed this to my wife. I'm pretty sure it will quickly be added to my honey-do list.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Like the remote "control room",something for me to add to my unit. How do you all like the 36la. Had mine for a few months now. Like it except for the pull out bed situation--no room to get by. Was aware of this when I bought it but it is a pain when grand kids are with us..
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #12

When I was a kid all I wanted to do was sleep in a little pup tent. We are too soft on kids these days. Motorhome is for papa and mama bear.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs up Cash in the bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj23andout View Post
You better find a new place to hide the money bag
Good catch CJ but it's just a bag of "wooden nickels" that we had left over from a B&B, restaurant, bar we had owned. We use them now for card game cash but we value them at a quarter each.......Inflation!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Love my 36LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncruiser 11 View Post
Like the remote "control room",something for me to add to my unit. How do you all like the 36la. Had mine for a few months now. Like it except for the pull out bed situation--no room to get by. Was aware of this when I bought it but it is a pain when grand kids are with us..
Sunny, How do I like my 36LA? Well that will without a doubt take us even further off topic then we already are but keeping it short "I LOVE IT!"
We don't travel with a third or fourth but I have heard that it is almost impossible to get around. I hope Bob T is reading this because about the only thing that would make the 36LA better would be a PS slide. That would open things up a bit. Oh one other slide consideration, I would switch the bed slide over to the PS that would give both bed partners a chance to look out the window and allow for better cross ventilation.
Love the bath and a half, just about everything. It really is a pusher dressed up as a gasser for mucho thousands less!
Enjoy the season!