RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2017, 08:57 PM   #1

Adding Washer / Dryer to 36LA

We are looking at previously owned 36LA. Most of them already have the washer / dryer combo installed. However, one of the units we are interested in does not have it installed but is prewired.

How hard would it be to have one installed?? Any idea of the cost?? Best to have it done in Red Bay or is this something a dealer could do??

Thanks.

philpetrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #2

When you say Red Bay, are you asking if Tiffin will do the installation? If so, I wouldn’t bet on it. They’re focused on warranty work, then post warranty repairs - not upgrades.

There are, however, very knowledgeable current and former Tiffin service techs in and around Red Bay who can do the work.

I would only depend on your dealer if you knew they had a good service department. Not sure what the cost would be.

DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:40 AM   #3

They are not hard to install. They are just very heavy as they have like a 40 pound block in them for balancing them. You need several people to set them in place. 2 hoses a vent and drain line. Plug it in and its done.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:10 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another thing to consider is will it fit through the entry, bedroom and bathroom doors.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #5
FR3

I am in the process of installing the Splendide Ariston stackable washer and dryer in my 2018 Allegro 34PA. I found that the wiring, water supply lines and drain line were in place for the installation from the factory. I had to wire an outlet from a connector that was in place (and purchase a mating connector for $5.00) and add a water supply shut off valve/hose connection. I will have to locate and drill a hole in the slide sidewall for the dryer vent, the most nerve-wracking part of the install. I am also adding some bracing for the stack, as it moves around too much for my taste.

Drilling the vent hole is the most problematic as there is very little clearance behind the dryer, so the vent hole wants to be in line with the dryer outlet, but I found there is metal in the wall in that location. I am still 'reconnoitering' where to place the hole and still be able to make the connection on installation (I hate the cheap, flammable flexible ducting).

In summary, I think the installation where the water, drain and power are there is pretty straightforward for a reasonably handy person, but the vent hole location and ease of installation of the dryer is a bit more complex.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I had the stackable done at the dealer and they did a great job;. They put a base tub about a inch tall that is supposed to catch water. Also used the special clips for attaching the washer down so it cannot move. This was done on top of the tub. All chalkecd up neat, The dryer was tek screwed to the top of the washer and braced with wood across the top with a 1x1/8 in. flatbar. It stays put. I check the screws often. This has been used 2x a day for 3 yrs now. Whirlpool..
capecodbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #7

The reason I am going Bosch in the 36 LA, it fits through the door 24 inch unit, 27 door, can go 240 volt. Surface mount sink, countertop is folding table. We keep the window 2014-2016

Side by side.

No more cabinet doors covering very expensive appliances, just like the kitchen, we show off appliances. And they shine in performance. Or fail in real time.

Less is more, that lessen just keeps delivering dividends.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:04 PM   #8

I put a Haire 1600 combo in our FW that was prewired and plumbed, so it was an easy install. I did build a 18" high platform for the W/D to sit on which reduces the bending over required for loading/unloading. I was then able to put the litter box under the platform, so for now the wife and kitty are both happy.

grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote