Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonG23 View Post
Local dealer has a 31SA on the lot (Reines in Manassas). Went to look during a furlough day at took the attached pic. It is built on a 24K chassis.
Your picture is not clear -- tried to enlarge it. Also check the yellow sticker inside or around the driver's side front door for weights.
mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
DW and I went out and looked at a the new Allegro 31 SA. I was rather blown away when I saw that the CCC at 1650 pounds (this is Class C territory). The CCC is determined after accounting for a full tank of water, full propane and 4 passengers. I looked at a 3 slide 34' 5" Winnebago, and the CCC was considerably more. I showed this to the dealer and they were surprised and agreed that the 31 SA CCC seemed really low. They are supposedly contacting Tiffin for clarification or more information. It was pretty well optioned out, though there are not really a lot of options one can get. For the ones out there with 31 SA or 32 CA, does this pretty much match what your rigs's weight?
Our 41" Dutch Star had an advertised NCC of 5,396#'s, we didn't option it out with a real tile floor nor washer/dryer and a bunch of other stuff. The factory rep did tell us that it was the "most heavily optioned" DSDP they had ever done.
Even so I was surprised to see that we only had 663#'s of CCC at delivery and ALL of that was on the back end. The front was overweight if we filled the fuel and propane tanks by 50#'s and that was before we ever loaded a thing or got ourselves onboard.
Did get Newmar to fix it though: new front axle 14,600#'s to replace the original 12,000# one. Then while at Spartan they inspected the whole unit and said there was no reason for Newmar to derate the rear axle to 19,000#'s when it was a full 20,000# axle. So we gained some 2,000#'s on the front and 1,000#'s on the rear after I upgraded tires.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #17

it read Cargo Carry Capacity Computation

GVWR 24,000
minus UVW 19,126
minus fresh water (81 gal) 672
minus propane (24.2gal) 81
Minus SCWR (4 pax) 616

CCC for this motorhome 3,504
DonG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
mre

Quote:

GVWR 24,000
minus UVW 19,126
Minus SCWR (4 pax) 616

Did you talk to anyone in sales if future 31SA's were going to be made 24K chassis?
Old 10-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
CCC Sheet

Quote:

GVWR 24,000
minus UVW 19,126
Minus SCWR (4 pax) 616

-------
Thanks Folks...this discussion is very helpful as I consider a new purchase.. Now, regarding the quote above:

It looks like there is also a note that "dealer installed equipment and tongue weight of towed vehicle will reduce CCC". So a question is.. .what is included in "dealer installed equipment" ? ... Generator ?? TV's ?? Tile Floor ?? Bigger Fridge ??
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #20
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliedo02 View Post
-------
Thanks Folks...this discussion is very helpful as I consider a new purchase.. Now, regarding the quote above:

It looks like there is also a note that "dealer installed equipment and tongue weight of towed vehicle will reduce CCC". So a question is.. .what is included in "dealer installed equipment" ? ... Generator ?? TV's ?? Tile Floor ?? Bigger Fridge ??
Probably all the stuff you mentioned except tow related stuff came with the coach (but you never know). You probably need to verify with the dealer.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Of course it would. A non-thinking post by me.. The sheet would describe weights including options, as it came from the factory. There is likely very little weight added by what the dealer might put on.
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #22
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliedo02 View Post
Of course it would. A non-thinking post by me.. The sheet would describe weights including options, as it came from the factory. There is likely very little weight added by what the dealer might put on.
Happens to all of us. We get all excited and loose out ability to think. It's really humbling when DW does this to me.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
any one know what the additional $$$$ would be to put the 31sa on the 24,000 pound chasis?
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Call the Factory and ask them. Assuming Ford makes a chassis with the required wheelbase for that model in a 24,000 rating, then it might be possible.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #25
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanko View Post
any one know what the additional $$$$ would be to put the 31sa on the 24,000 pound chasis?
When I inquired about this earlier last year, I believe it was about 3-4K. I also had contact with someone on the forum (don't remember who) and was told that they had this done a 32CA and had no regrets. As I understand it, they will more likely take a longer chassis and shorten it. This is apparently done in the RV industry all the time. If you look at Class A, B, and C Ford motorhome chassis for the vaious brands, you will often see cases where the chassis lenghts that differ from the chassis lengths listed on the Ford wedsite.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #26

This is great info about the CCC of the 31SA.
We just discovered this model at the Tampa show and were very impressed with everything but the price is a bit out of our range...
So...my question to Tiffin owners is WHERE would you go to get the best price on one? Most of them seem to be in the $140k MSRP range... anyone get close to 30% off on their deal or should I be looking at a brand more in my range?
(Used is NOT a consideration.)
Old 01-23-2014, 03:49 AM   #27

Our 2013 32CA also came from the f a ctory on a 24,000 lb chassis.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
This is great info about the CCC of the 31SA.
We just discovered this model at the Tampa show and were very impressed with everything but the price is a bit out of our range...
So...my question to Tiffin owners is WHERE would you go to get the best price on one? Most of them seem to be in the $140k MSRP range... anyone get close to 30% off on their deal or should I be looking at a brand more in my range?
(Used is NOT a consideration.)
About the best you can do on Tiffins is 25% (and sometimes a bit more) on a factory order. The two easiest dealers to deal with are Sherman RV in Sherman, MS and Davis Motorhomes in Memphis. Both are hassle-free, best price dealers.

Doing a factory order gets you best pricing and the ability to order what you want on the coach - not what some dealer thought you might want.

One thing, if you start comparing Tiffin to other gas coaches, you will find out that Tiffin gives you much more in standard features than the other brands and so the pricing is often less with a Tiffin coach.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote