RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #1

Allegro 32 CA

We're looking at an Allegro 32 CA, which would be a gigantic step up from our 2004 Lance 1121 on a 2004 Ford F550. We're getting prices that vary several thousand dollars from dealership to dealership. The coaches cost the dealerships the same, so I am fighting dealer greed. Does anyone have expereince buying from an out-of-state dealer? Is service impacted negatively at the local dealership because you bought out-of-state? My local dealer is the highest of three prices I've received. I am trying to decide which dealership to work with in an effort to come to the best price possible. Of course, one dealership outright said they did not want to submit a "competitive bid" because their service was worth more than being competitive...lol, now they are the ones calling me the most often.

Shopping for a motor home is hard, time consuming work.

Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #2

We've bought one ALLEGRO BUS in Tucson and another in the Hershey show from a Buffalo, NY dealer. If you EVER have a service problem from a Tiffin dealer, let Bob Tiffin know about it. He doesn't seem to have much patience with that nonsense. Oh yeah, we live in Delaware.

Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #3

You might want to ask this question on the Tiffin RV Network (TRVN) site. Lots of Tiffin owners there with current information about various dealers.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Some people really like having a dealer close by that they can get service from.

On the other side...

Unless local service is an issue for you, don't be afraid to go outside of your area.

I shopped 5 dealers between 70 miles and 350 miles away from my home and saved $7,000 on better equipped model by driving the 350 miles.

I figure between the independent shops and dealers, I should have no problem getting something fixed.

I'd do it again in heartbeat.

I haven't had to take my MH in for anything on the coach side. so it's worked out very well for me.

Good luck!
Z714X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another thought...

Take the best bid into the local dealer, face to face, and see if they will play ball.

It can't hurt and can only take a little more time.
Z714X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A Lot of Tiffin owners will get a build sheet and send it to different dealers for their best price.

Another poster has already stated that if you have a problem with a dealer all you have to do is call Bob Tiffin and he will authorize you to take it to any dealer you want for warranty work. It does not have to be a Tiffin dealer.

You will find a lot of information on the Tiffin RV Network.

TiffinRVNetwork

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
We took the Tiffin price sheet, selected the options we wanted, and shopped it to several dealers - including out of state dealers. We then took these bids and had a serious talk with our local dealer. Since we were going to order what we wanted, the dealer was not going to have to arrange inventory financing (you might have to remind them of that).

Bottom line, you should be able to get 25% off MSRP. If your dealer won't supply you with a price sheet, call Tiffin Sales and ask them to send you one. Tiffin is very open about their pricing.

Local dealer won't give you the price you want, tell him thanks but no thanks and go to the dealer that will.

BTW, we love the 32 CA. We've been on the road for the month and a half and we still love the thing. The chassis Tiffin uses on the 32 (22k lbs, long wheel base) works pretty well and driving it isn't bad at all.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote